Aura Dealing Weapon Damage, CtC synergy on summons

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Aura Dealing Weapon Damage, CtC synergy on summons

Post by mmpx222 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:38 pm

I want to make a damage aura (e.g. Holy Fire) use the damage of the current weapon, so that it effectively acts as an area-of-effect melee attack. I tried setting srcdam=128 but no luck. What do I need to do to make this work?

Another question, I want to make Bone Walls cast Nova when they are hit, but only if the player's Bone Wall skill level is at least 10. Giving a ctc gethit-skill to bonewall is easy, but can it be made to trigger only when slvl>=10?
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Aura Dealing Weapon Damage, CtC synergy on summons

Post by kingpin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:40 pm

both questons require ce to accomplish.

Fire Holy Fire functions reads from elem field, you would modify this to suit what you want to accomplish.

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:41 am

Thanks kingpin.

I tried using Holy Freeze skill functions instead of Holy Fire but no luck.

As for the conditional CtC skill, I'm trying to make it work by giving 100% CtC Teeth on get hit to bonewall, then using the multiple shot/teeth skill function to control the number of missile spawned. However, when I use a formula in calc1, anything other than lvl gets ignored by the client, resulting in invisible Teeth missiles :(

(All this is in 1.13c)

Edit: I've also tried Charged Bolt and Twister skill functions, but the client simply refuses to display the missiles. At least it was hilarious seeing the monsters getting killed by invisible missiles.
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:54 am

mmpx222" wrote:I want to make a damage aura (e.g. Holy Fire) use the damage of the current weapon, so that it effectively acts as an area-of-effect melee attack. I tried setting srcdam=128 but no luck. What do I need to do to make this work?
Couldn't you clone Armageddon and change the missile frequency and area of effect?
I don't remember if Armageddon works well as auto tough.
mmpx222" wrote:Another question, I want to make Bone Walls cast Nova when they are hit, but only if the player's Bone Wall skill level is at least 10. Giving a ctc gethit-skill to bonewall is easy, but can it be made to trigger only when slvl>=10?
Doesn't shadow master work like this, i.e. it get equips accordingly to skill level?
If it does, give an equip to bone wall at sklvl 10 with the ctc on hit...

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Desocupado" wrote:Couldn't you clone Armageddon and change the missile frequency and area of effect?
I don't remember if Armageddon works well as auto tough.
It would work, but I want it to behave as a true aura, i.e. take up the right mouse button and prevent players from using it with another aura.
Desocupado" wrote:Doesn't shadow master work like this, i.e. it get equips accordingly to skill level?
If it does, give an equip to bone wall at sklvl 10 with the ctc on hit...
Hmm, this might work. I'll report back after trying.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Ir memory serves me, sanctuary has some sort of missile.
Perhaps it could do damage (and nothing else ) with appropriate aurafilters

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 am

Desocupado" wrote:Ir memory serves me, sanctuary has some sort of missile.
Perhaps it could do damage (and nothing else ) with appropriate aurafilters
I believe Sanctuary uses the missile only for the client-side pretty effects, and there is no server-side missile created...though I may be wrong. See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=61993&view=previous

Return to “Skill Clinic”