My Amazon keeps freezing! Help???

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

ciaralink

My Amazon keeps freezing! Help???

Post by ciaralink » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:22 pm

:cry: My Amazon keeps freezing! She is a level 80, and many times during a quest she will freeze up and run in place, once she is stuck there I cannot get her out, I have tried town portals back and forth but to no avail. I also have an assassin but this is not happening with her. Is this some kind of bug or do I need a new keyboard???? :mrgreen:

Untamed
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Untamed » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:57 pm

the only thing u can do is exit the game and go back in
Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:19 am

This is not a bug from the mod, but of the game itself. Only way to fix it is exiting the game and creating a new one as Untamed mentioned. It happens rarely though; are you getting it all the time? If so, maybe you could share with us what your character was doing so that the causes of this bug can be identified.

MikeTheGreat
Arch-Angel

Post by MikeTheGreat » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:02 am

Just adding a little something in here. You can try to create a Town Portal and enter it and see if that works. Although it isn't a real certain solution, it is a chance of preventing the bug. I believe it has something to do with conflicting walkable/nonwalkable tiles or something. That used to always happen to me in the Maggot Lair...
- Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword -

ciaralink

Post by ciaralink » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:20 pm

My Amazon is equipped with a bow, and javelins. When she is firing her javelins, no prob there. I don't have to hit the SHIFT key to keep her in place. It happens when she is equipped with her bow, and when she is firing and I hold down the shift key. I played the unmodded version and never had this problem, I got her thru Normal, Nightmare and Hell without that problem. Sure, the game will lag at some point and that is easily dealt with. Town portals do not work. Thanks for your help. :D

ciaralink

My reply to Alkalund and the others--you guys are great!!

Post by ciaralink » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:03 pm

Playing with her yesterday, it happened in Hell mode, and kept happening so much in the Ancient Tunnels in the lost city that I got {filtered} and started playing with a new Amazon. I have my level 80 Amazon stored still, it seems such a shame to put all that time in a game and then have to start over. I thought at first it was because I was holding down the SHIFT key, she fires strafing arrows on one side and magic arrows from the other. She is also equipped with a javelin, and I haven't seen it yet with the javelin. But this problem is occurring every few minutes. I will play the new Amazon for awhile and let you guys know what is happening. Thanks for your help. :D

Damecles

Post by Damecles » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:57 pm

I have seen it happen on all versions, including the original , I think it has somthing to do with the avoid and dodge stills because it only happens when i am being hit or shot at
Network go BOOM

DANGER DYSLEXIC

Return to “Ancestral Recall”