AR Solo Hell Sorc build wanted

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

erk

AR Solo Hell Sorc build wanted

Post by erk » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:16 am

I am having lots of trouble creating a Sorc that is powerfull enough to Solo Hell up to a Baal run in AR. I have soloed a Bowazon, P&B Necro, and an Assassin so far, but after 4 attempts I can't get a Sorc build that has any killing power. No problems at all in Normal and NM, but when I hit the imunes in Hell it's a disaster, even Act 2 is a drama with the cold and lightning immunes in the Arcane Santuary. I have tried a cold/light, cold/fire, Enchantress, and Frozen Orb with all the synergies/mastery maxed out, and a heap of +skills gear with everything I could socket with crafted damage jewels, including using a Griswolds mace with 4 jewels and full enchant.

Any suggestions?

MegaTherion

Re: AR Solo Hell Sorc build wanted

Post by MegaTherion » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:49 pm

I know that it is long ago when you posted this, but I really have to replay...
How you could built sorc like this?

If you haven´t solved this problem yet, I post here something.

My sorceress (now lvl 95) had no real problems in hell. Kill hell duriel, he´ll drop Tal-Rasha´s set for you. Please just don´t fight with a mace...

Skills
Fireball 20
Meteor 20
Chain Lghtng 20
Frozen Orb 20
Fire Mastery 5
1 Each other mastery
1 warmth
1 in each skill needed to open skills above.
Firebolt Rest

Stats
if you touch dexterity, restart you character :)

In NM Harrogath hire a barb, which will help you a lot.

So that´s it. No one has 3 immunities. Arcane Sanctuary was a good adventure, hell Ball was just 5 minutes of meteors cause of 11K meteror damage. :lol:
Drink the Wine of Aluqah and breathe the secret smoke of God.

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Agree. Frozen orb maxed out for me, and weakness to ice - didn't find any monsters that lasted more than a few minutes. If you play AR-SE, make sure you get rings/amulets with + XX to skill levels. That allows you to push frozen orb beyond level 20 (I think mine was level 29 or 30 - massive damage).

Good luck,

Raptor

PS: and ice mastery.
Last edited by raptor01 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raptor01

Post by raptor01 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Agree. Frozen orb maxed out for me, and weakness to ice - didn't find any monsters that lasted more than a few minutes. If you play AR-SE, make sure you get rings/amulets with + XX to skill levels. That allows you to push frozen orb beyond level 20 (I think mine was level 29 or 30 - massive damage).

Good luck,

Raptor

ADMIN - for some reason the system double-posted, please delete this version. Thanks, Raptor
Last edited by raptor01 on Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ancestral Recall”