8bit Icons for Older/Incompatible Computers

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

8bit Icons for Older/Incompatible Computers

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Please note that support for this will be limited, as I currently have no intentions of fixing up the icons/whatever

For 0.95 and above

Simply run 8 bit graphics.bat, located in the TTD folder. To change back, run 32b bit graphics.bar

For versions prior to 0.95

Old skool 8bit icons available here:

http://www.tech-rant.com/downloads/d2/G ... eicons.zip

These are the 32bit icons greyscaled, although there are some minor palette problems these convert a whole lot better than full coloured ones.

Simply go to your: "TTD\data\global\ui\spells" folder and replace the files with these ones (you will need to remove the GS from their names.) Next, go to "TTD\data\global\ui\frontend" and delete (or rename) the 3 files (NOT the folders,) which are there.

Now you should have the old loading screens and 8bit icons to enjoy. You can use the original d2direct3d.dll and use Glide/Direct3D/Opendraw whatever you wish on your 'old' pc.

UPDATE: Just photoshopped out the transparency issues. These work a lot better now... 95% as good as using colour!
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”