MVP Challenge 2: TTD and EX

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Re: MVP Challenge 2: TTD and EX

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Clara's hydras did their job for Stormforce.

The old lady just enjoyed her leisure...

Stormforce is reduced to ashes, just like "Hydra" skill description says:
album_page.php?pic_id=2343

lvl 32, and TTD .96a.

Any powered ranged character would do this job in earlier days.
(Clara used 12 greater mana potions and no healing option, and about 1 minute to do this job)
badger_pl";p="334076" wrote: The Nefarius One bit the dust!

Killed by level 23 archer, using Immolation Arrow and Charged Javelin :P.
Great work! I'll try him (but.... as you know I'm lvl 32 LoL) tomorrow after my qualifying test is completed.

--------edit.
Clara tried The Nefarius One, but failed. (yes she's fragile)
Also, Clara went to next dimension! While her process, she got something looking good:
a piece of an epic item (why an arrow quiver?!):
album_page.php?pic_id=2344
a piece of an afflicted item:
album_page.php?pic_id=2345
(both are too great to be a part of something, so I misjudged them as they're afflicted ones. but I found they're just pieces after I upload screenshots... and I couldn't edit my ablum...)

And this is Clara's qualifying test result: (btw, I've passed the test!)
album_page.php?pic_id=2346
yes he's Souldrown in nightmare difficulty.
lvl 36, nightmare act 1, players 1, TTD .96a

Also I dispatched the goddess Artemis (though she isn't looked like the goddess at all).
here's that screenshot:
album_page.php?pic_id=2349
lvl 32, normal act 1, players 1, TTD .96a
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Talzak the Corrupted killed by level 29 archer (Plague and Charged Javelin made a short work of him). I gained a level after I killed him, it was close call. He didn't drop Hellforge Hammer.
Here's a screen where I run to get my body back after failed try to take a photo :P

album_page.php?pic_id=2347

I also got Malachai29 at the entrance to River of Flame, didn't even notice that I killed him :P All I saw was his minions, and after couple of minutes of poisoning they were all dead. Unfortunatelly I was too old to beat the record.
Lucia Ellan";p="334086" wrote: Also, Clara went to next dimension! While her process, she got something looking good:
a piece of an epic item (why an arrow quiver?!)
I've found them too :D and couple of purple and red items: swords, maces and hammers. They should help my warrior with killing the MVP's in
nightmare.

Congratulations on Artemis (is she at the end of Gauntlet? I don't think I'm gonna beat that record ;)) and Souldrown.

Edit:
Garm is down, killed by archer level 32. As usual, Plague + Charged Javelin combo was powerful enough to take him down.
album_page.php?pic_id=2348

I also killed Baal, he was extremly annoying! He should have green name :P. His minions dropped nice Epic winged harpoon with replenishing quantity property. That should come in handy in nightmare. So far I have found 4 epic and 4 afflicted items, they drop pretty often. I also cleared few levels of Hell's Torment, thanks to my new, powerful set crossbow "The Burrito Canon". It's pretty confusing that all levels have same name.
Last edited by badger_pl on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:10 am

badger_pl";p="334430" wrote:Congratulations on Artemis (is she at the end of Gauntlet? I don't think I'm gonna beat that record ;)) and Souldrown.
GAQ placed her in Jail L2 (changed in .96 patch, and happily it's very close to be accessed)
I traveled the Gauntlet, but I gave up at the entrance of second level: I hate barbarians!

Um, I tried Artemis and Belhifet in nightmare, and....
Artemis was just the goddess - she wasn't even scratched.
Belhifet has fire immune, and I can't deal him too. :(

I'll try Night Crawl in nightmare when I got home.
(I think Clara can easily beat Andariel)
badger_pl";p="334430" wrote:Garm is down, killed by archer level 32. As usual, Plague + Charged Javelin combo was powerful enough to take him down.
album_page.php?pic_id=2348
Whoa, 6k+ poison damage?! How long time is taken to do that damage? (um, Lucia does about 280 dmg in 5 seconds... how poor 54 DPS)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:28 pm

I made a run through all MVP's and here are the results. Nothing to be proud of, those records will be easy to beat, but here it is anyway:

The Cow King - level 40
album_page.php?pic_id=2355

Myhrginoc - level 41
album_page.php?pic_id=2356

Hood's Gatekeeper - level 41
album_page.php?pic_id=2357

Moonlight Shadow - level 41
album_page.php?pic_id=2358

Deathspire - level 41
album_page.php?pic_id=2359

Ancient Kaa the Soulless - level 41
album_page.php?pic_id=2360

Fenrisulfr - level 42
I couldn't get close enough to take a picture without getting killed, but at this clvl it wasn't hard fight.

The only one I coudn't kill was Antediluvian, he was healing faster than I could damage him.

Lucia Ellan";p="334604" wrote: Whoa, 6k+ poison damage?! How long time is taken to do that damage? (um, Lucia does about 280 dmg in 5 seconds... how poor 54 DPS)
Right now she's doing 16.843 poison damage over 15 seconds, that's ~1122/s. Level 31 Plague Javelin plus magic guard giving +69% to poison damage.

Nice job with Belhifet, I didn't notice your post. Level 14, wow.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:25 pm

Wow a nice run in my absence!

Nightmare MVPs are a bit of a joke, we might need to team up to take some of them :twisted: I also notice that Plague Javelin is rather jammy, so expect a small nerft (not too much, I like to do nerf slowly.) The Antediluvian has rather high poison resistance...

Epic/Afflicted items weren't supposed to simply drop. Hopefully, I've fixed this problem, you are supposed to get a 1x1 item that you have to collect. Hence, the ridiculous power... They shouldn't drop in the next patch, with luck! They'll probably break sooner or later, so you can keep the jammy things!

Hell's Torment is made more difficult by the naming of the levels, it is a bit of a maze. I am surprised the first comment on them wasn't a complaint about the annoying über fiends that haunt the first level!

I am working on fixing these few things for this week. I have been super busy with work doing the most evil shift ever (it begins at 6am!)
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:21 am

@badger: nice whooooping 7-kill-combo!

@GAQ: so, are you meaning the items which we got are REAL epic/afflicted ones?
I'll try Night Crawl in nightmare when I got home.
(I think Clara can easily beat Andariel)
um, Clara beat Andariel easily, but not Night Crawl.
He was just TRINITY! (yes he has cold, fire, lightning immune LoL)
I'll try to advance (just pass) to act 3 when I have some time to play... I'm too busy now... and I need my system for D2!

edit.
I used my bro's system (which provides very good gaming environment!) for this time and....

album_page.php?pic_id=2361 (an erratum is found in picture title)
HOORAY, The Nefarius One has fallen, in nightmare difficulty! (I wanted to lure him, but I had no idea to do that.... and I died too many times while fighting)
High dextality (and faster spell casting) and some(too many to say "some" though) saboteurs made the work much easier.
lvl 36, nightmare difficulty, players 1, TTD .96a.

edit once more:

At last, I bought a new laptop!
Here is first report on this laptop....

Deathspire, at lvl 36, nightmare difficulty, TTD .96a
album_page.php?pic_id=2367
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”