The Third Day, bugs and suggestions

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Re: The Third Day, bugs and suggestions

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 pm

[quote=badger_pl";p="334074"]Another portion of bugs :P (0.96a)

1. Kill counter still doesn't work
2. Radament's book of skills gives 3 points instead of 2 (what says the description)
3. Cube recipe 5 rough elunium -& elunium doesn't work
4. It seems that there are only normal gems dropping
5. Act 3 hirelings don't have any skills (well, I hired only cold one, he seems to just stand and do nothing. He's level 26.)
[/quote]
I felt just like you in #1 and 4.
#2, 5: I didn't do it: I'm still have unspared skill points, and mercs die so easily...
#3: See your crafting skills... I suspect the readme has too old data for that recipe. (note: I didn't try that skill yet)
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:36 pm

[quote=Lucia Ellan";p="334079"]
#3: See your crafting skills... I suspect the readme has too old data for that recipe. (note: I didn't try that skill yet)
[/quote]

Oops, my bad. I totally forgot about crafting skills. One bug solved :P

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:16 pm

I noticed while running several MVPs:
It looks like all MVPs get insane HP regen after I use a town portal.
I could get Stormforce not the harldy yesterday(I was stand still at there), but today I retried him and I need to supply some mana potions while fighting, so I used a TP and got back...
...After I got back, he regenerates himself even faster than I hurt him!
Other MVPs show me same things. Something weird... (please note that I got him in about a minute)
please, PLEASE, forgive my awfully-poor english ability! - I'm still learning it via this forum!

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:27 am

I have a QQ on the repairing system, the only way i have been able to repair my items is via reapir skill, but everytime i do it the durability ALWAYS decreases, and i constantly have to replace my equipment, is there a better method of repairing, or am i doing something wrong? :(

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:44 pm

um, I've advanced to nightmare difficulty and noticed this:

I couldn't summon more than 4 saboteurs (it's my max number) in normal difficulty, but I can make it 20+ in nightmare difficulty. Since I didn't make any item/skill changes, maybe there's something strange between difficulty levels.

Also I noticed serveral MVPs' immunity is changed between difficulty levels, though it looks like it's supposed to be. (i.e. Souldrown had fire and cold immune in normal difficulty, but he has lightning and cold immune in nightmare - so I could easily beat him because my main skill is hydra :D )

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:18 pm

Another bug (0.96a) - Talzak the Corrupted doesn't drop a hammer.

[quote=Valherran";p="334283"]
I have a QQ on the repairing system, the only way i have been able to repair my items is via reapir skill, but everytime i do it the durability ALWAYS decreases, and i constantly have to replace my equipment, is there a better method of repairing, or am i doing something wrong? :(
[/quote]

Nothing wrong, that's the way it works. Here's a quote from readme:

"You might have noticed, or read, that all weapons are unable to be repaired. Well that's not true, no a item can be repaired. This is to provide
an "ironman" style challenge. You can however repair with the Quick Repair skill, but the skill can only be used limited number of items before items cannot be used."

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:17 am

So there is no way to upgrade this skill or find another way to repair items without degrading the durability?

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:36 am

Valherran" wrote:So there is no way to upgrade this skill or find another way to repair items without degrading the durability?
Please read carefully the TheThirdDay.txt the readme....
Also there are some recipes which increase maximum durablity of items.
And "loseless" repairing recipes are..... such of a pain - they're too expensive! :(

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:29 pm

I just took a quick break from Median2k8 and decided to try this mod. Great mod so far, really reminds me of D2Element. Just 2 questions :
1/ Immolation Arrow's flame on the ground seems to carry weapon properties too. Wierd.
2/ Lightning Arrow seems to have a minor delay, right?
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:45 pm

1. Yup, it will.
2. Yes, 15 frames. I'll make sure the description is fixed.

For the killcounter problem, if you download the patch now it should be fixed. Could you guys test this? So I can make sure I don't release another bugged version!
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:18 pm

[quote=GuyAskingQuestion";p="334997"]
For the killcounter problem, if you download the patch now it should be fixed. Could you guys test this? So I can make sure I don't release another bugged version!
[/quote]

Still doesn't work for me.
Could you also fix 8bit/32bit batch files if you haven't done that already?

Valherran
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Valherran » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:34 am

I found a small bug with your charm limit count, when i was running around act 4 i picked up a charm an identified it, and then all of a sudden i got reduced to the speed of a slug, i was like OMGWTF!? Then i remembered that there was a limit to the charms, so i read what the limit was and its penalties, the part where it says negative resistance did not apply to my character when i went over the limit, the sluginess remained after i took the charm, so i was like grrrrrr, i took 1/2 of my charms off and i was back to normal. Basically the moral of the story was the charm limit coding needs to be looked at. :)

Lucia Ellan
Paladin

Post by Lucia Ellan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 am

installed .96b, and:

now maximum number of saboteurs works correctly.....

my max number of saboteur was 4 in .96a, but now it's 3. my slvl is 11 (9 hard + 2 bonud)

is it supposed to be and I need put more points in it? or somewhat broken?

um, one more, though I think this is not related to this thread...
I farmed Souldrown in nightmare 50+ times (.96b) and all I got is a rare archon plate. Am I too unlucky for card or the probablity is fairly low?

one more:
I hired a cold orin wolves merc (act3) in nightmare.
His lvl is 36 (because my lvl is 36) and he does nothing in combat... all he did was casting shiver armor. LoL
Last edited by Lucia Ellan on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badger_pl

Post by badger_pl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:24 pm

0.96b
Elixirs have a name "an evil force"
Eld rune - 15% stamina drain reduced by %d%

[strike]
Also, I noticed some strange things with charms weight while playing multiplayer. Penalty (slowing down) seems to activate sometimes seemingly by itself. Charms are under limit and I don't pick up new stuff.
[/strike]

I couldn't reproduce this and it seems to be gone now. Strange.

Edit:

-Actually one of the elixirs I found has "an evil force" in name. Skill, vitality and experience are ok.
-Act 3 elementals are called "an evil force"
-Typos: Elixirs are called Elixers, Gauntlet level is called Guantlet
-Socketed totems have sockets outside of item boundary
Last edited by badger_pl on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:02 pm

I hope with the release of Ragnarok you still have some time for this mod ;) .

Anyways ...
- Act 2 has some elementals with the name 'An Evil Force' .
- I had a wierd encounter with Duriel, first his name is Duriel then it is changed to Guardian of Tal Rasha or something close.
- Act 2's vendors sell stuff with wierd prices ... I noticed that (after completing Atma's quest, not sure before that) mana pots cost 1k each ... Act 3's pots were cheap though.

- So far I've found loads of melee weapons that deal insane amount of damage, some require lvl 40, many are exceptional. Just Act2. Is that normal? (still got to find a good bow for me)
- Mercenaries ... I don't use them, but their average level is usually higher than char's. Before that they have reduced level (equal to mine) which penaltilizes their stats as well.

- What's that Important Aura on Blood Raven's charm?
- Act2's sewer is filled with golems, black dudes and crazy stuff that take me out in a few hits. Help!

[Edit]
- If I get it right, Sanctuary only effectively heals the golem. The only other 'real' minion is the skeletal mage, who will die in one hit anyway.
- Skill descriptions are chaotic. And typoes. :mrgreen:

- Gem drops is wierd, average gems (amethysts , rubies etc) drop more often than all others (I've found only 1 single chip gem) .
- Monsters have random immunities/resistances right?
- BTW what does 'veteran' in the description means?
- Putting a Khalim's Key in my cube and transmute -> a magic helmet.
Last edited by Doabli on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:31 pm

Veteran monsters have improved stats like life, this is something that carried over from tsc
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:11 am

Doabli";p="362554" wrote:I hope with the release of Ragnarok you still have some time for this mod ;) .
I'll always try to fix any problems/extreme balance issues that still exist with the mod. I'd still be doing so with TSC and Revival if my hard disc didn't decide to die on me!
- Act 2 has some elementals with the name 'An Evil Force' .
- I had a wierd encounter with Duriel, first his name is Duriel then it is changed to Guardian of Tal Rasha or something close.
I'll look into sorting out this string issue.
'Duriel' is supposed to be called 'Guardian of...' because of well.. that would spoil things for you. :mrgreen: I'll see what I can do...
- Act 2's vendors sell stuff with wierd prices ... I noticed that (after completing Atma's quest, not sure before that) mana pots cost 1k each ... Act 3's pots were cheap though.
Sounds wacky... should be an easy fix!
- So far I've found loads of melee weapons that deal insane amount of damage, some require lvl 40, many are exceptional. Just Act2. Is that normal? (still got to find a good bow for me)
Yep, you find exceptional and elite items in normal, this is due to the way Nightmare/Hell are just added challenges... plus the way items degrade, you always need a backup. Unlucky with the bow, they should drop just as nicely as melee gear.
- Mercenaries ... I don't use them, but their average level is usually higher than char's. Before that they have reduced level (equal to mine) which penaltilizes their stats as well.
Mercenaries are the spawn of the devil!
- What's that Important Aura on Blood Raven's charm?
It's very important, and does a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff. Such as charm and item limiting...
- Act2's sewer is filled with golems, black dudes and crazy stuff that take me out in a few hits. Help!
Mmm... try the other entrance!

It's a bit of a maze, but you can use the sewers to get the staff/amulet quickly (on a certain map,) take a shortcut to the desert, or find some nice areas to level up. That area is probably for levels 25+ :)
- If I get it right, Sanctuary only effectively heals the golem. The only other 'real' minion is the skeletal mage, who will die in one hit anyway.
Yes, Sanctuary is more of a party/multiplayer skill.
- Skill descriptions are chaotic. And typoes. :mrgreen:
Are you fully patched up? I thought my über typing errors were mostly a thing of the past! Gimme an example :)
- Gem drops is wierd, average gems (amethysts , rubies etc) drop more often than all others (I've found only 1 single chip gem) .
Either bad luck, or crowded treasureclasses. I'll take a peep.

- Monsters have random immunities/resistances right?
Some yes.
- BTW what does 'veteran' in the description means?
Necrolis got it. They have lots of bonus fun!
- Putting a Khalim's Key in my cube and transmute -> a magic helmet.
:lol:

Maybe a patch is needed!
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:13 pm

Sorry, electricity cut in my region just broke my save file. Have to start again. This time with a melee char.
Are you fully patched up? I thought my über typing errors were mostly a thing of the past! Gimme an example
:lol: I'll check it again. Just noticed that it's 0.96b and I have 0.96a.

Just some skills need to be refered in 3rd person (Meteor Shower : 'Summons ... ') and there's Charged Javalin.

- Stave Mastery doesn't have much effects for casters?
- Bone Spirit's delay shows up 2 times.
- Lentulus Temporis's 'Effect' description causes confusion (does that number means the % of slow?) .
- Some skills have numbers staying before the current skill level's row. These statistics usually mean they'll stay the same for every level, but in fact they are not (can be confusing) .
- Repugno Natura, Lex Tantum Tectum, Contineo & Kyrie Eleison have wierd delay numbers.
- Distortion and Lord of Vermillion can really discourage players by their low numbers.
- Sureshot : 'Magic attack that ... to those whom venture close' I think it's 'who' right?

I think skill delay is a little overused. Just a small amount of skill delay can really slow down the fastest caster (say you have 8 fps, 0.6 delay means you'll cast a spell every 0.92 seconds) . Plus I think some skills are supposed to be main attack (like Bonespear) but the delay stacks with longer delayed skills, making them unusable for a long time.
Last edited by Doabli on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Have a looksie here:

viewtopic.php?p=323866#323866

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:05 pm

Starting screen says 'The Third Day 0.96A' .

Is it just me or ... but why can't I put points in those high requirement skills in the 5th tabs ? :-| (did have the stats and the level ) .
Last edited by Doabli on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:17 pm

Hehe, whoopsie that's just in the d2mod.ini (or pluginY) it does nothing other than that string.

You need the Empower skill to unlock them. E.g. the skills with the energy requirements need empower energy.

If any major bugs are found I'll try to patch up to 0.97 in one big file. :)

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”