cannot install 2.07a

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

madsurgery
Champion of the Light

cannot install 2.07a

Post by madsurgery » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:41 am

I have 2.07 installed. According to the readme file - if you have this version you can upgrade by just changing the mpq file. Well I did that and gave me a bad generic file while loading.

When I tried to run the vb script - Norton antivirus detected a malicious script and I just opted not to continue!!!!!!

EDIT:-

I managed to run 2.07a on my old install via changing the mpq file. ONE PROB:- not compatible with udie too.
Last edited by madsurgery on Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotler
Paladin

Re: cannot install 2.07a

Post by gotler » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:56 pm

I have Norton to and the first time I run a script it goes crazy saying that it has "detected" a script and then ask if I want to stop it. I don’t think it’s the script that’s bad but Norton antivirus who are over suspicious.
Maybe you should try to install the mod from scratch thats what I did just to make sure all the files were at the right places. And I also think that before you remove the old mod you should uninstall it using the d2modsetup.bat.
Hope it helps

-Gotler
Gotler by name, Gotler by profession
"ACTION PACKED PEE WEE" Casper Cristensen
"Sad.... but funny" Pim de Keysergrat

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: cannot install 2.07a

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:15 pm

I included all the texts but cubemain, you might have to rename the mpq to patch_d2 to get udie to work
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”