Re: Revival Mod

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

No votes

Total votes: 0

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:08 pm

m1key I think there is a problem with Cursed Knights in 2.05, they seem to have the aura 100% of the time, or some other problem. This has been delt with in 2.06.
If you aim for the Knight(s) himself/themselves you should be ok. They have no real resistances and killing them will remove the aura. If you wish to look in monprop to deal with the issue you can, thats why the mods direct txt :)

That grand charm shouldn't exit :twisted: , it's from Revival, I must of missed it when converting. You can discard it, in Revival it made a class specific charm which were very powerful...

In which way doesn't the curse effect monsters? I thought it was working fine, it may just be doing very low damage. One thing to remember though is it should stop them regenerating, do damage and see if they regenerate after being cursed ;)

Hehe Elites are quite rare, I should look into that, the unique/set/rare rates are very generous to encourage gambling :D Have you tried the Barbarian? He also has a Magic Find skill ;)

Blizzard damage has been addressed, it was very powerful I know, Mystic Wave is more of a defensive skill, for Hydra/Inferno Sorceresses, but the damage probably should recieve a boost... along with Chain Lightining.

Shadowgawd003 that seems like a real big error, do you get the text TSC 2.05 and PluginY ver ???? (I don't recall PluginY's, version).

If not then the D2mod system has been installed incorrectly, I have improved the instructions for 2.06, I'll see if I can dig them up....
-The mod is made to be ran in -direct -txt mode. So you have to make a shortcut

-Place TsC folder in your Diablo II folder.

-Add D2Mod.dll and D2ModSetup.bat to main d2 folder

-Run D2ModSetup.bat

-If you are running D2 in the standard installation folder (c:/program files/diablo II/) you can just run the shortcut from

your desktop... otherwise your going to have to change the paths on the shortcut. Use mine as an example.
Try again with those :)

Thanks for both of your input, I am currently working on a second phase of private testing, which will commence after Malachai's finished painting is house :lol: , I have plently of free time so work is rapid!
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:09 pm

This isn’t the thread for the second coming is it?
If it isn’t then there is a link to the wrong thread in the TsC readme.
If it is then I don’t know how to install the mod properly. I’ve done as it says in the readme (at least I think so) but there doesn’t seem to be any changes ingame. I can’t understand if you should just run the game normally after installing it or if you should make a special shortcut.
Could someone please help me or at least direct me to the right forum if this isn’t the one?

-Gotler.

- EDIT -
:oops: hmm... it seem that I have asked for help to soon... i have made a shortcut with a little help from the shortvut in the dl and the mod loads up and theres a new title screen and all but when i made a new character and the load screen came up it crashed to dekstop with some unhandlel thingy... any suggestions?
Last edited by gotler on Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotler by name, Gotler by profession
"ACTION PACKED PEE WEE" Casper Cristensen
"Sad.... but funny" Pim de Keysergrat

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:29 am

the way I did it, was to unpack the tsc folder into my diablo2 directory, so now I have for eg "c:/diablo2/tsc"
next you will run the mod in -direct -txt so that it starts in the tsc folder.

TSC is The Second Coming of Revival, so yes, this would be the proper forum for questions! :)

I have it on good authority that a new version may be arriving soon! Keep an eye out! :)

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:31 am

Thanks for clearing that up Malachai :D

Yeah next version should be MUCH easier to install!

Should be out before next keep update, that is if we manage to iron them bugs out... and Ragnarok doesn't distract me...
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:46 am

Not a problem my friend, I just hope I didnt confuse gotler even more! :)

I think you got the majority of the bugs, will find out come morning though....

Have you ever thought about making a webpage for TsC? I was just wondering, cuz it seems that is all that is keeping you from hosted mod status! :) This forum is getting pretty large in itself, 5 pages so far and counting!

Anywho, I should prolly get back to work now!

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:13 am

Hmm... that sounds odd. What about all that about the files that should go in the Diablo II folder? Should the TsC folder just be handled like a data folder? I don’t know if you read the edit but I got the mod with a shortcut that looked like this:
Target:"C:\Spil\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -mod tsc
Start in:"C:\Spil\Diablo II\tsc"
Now the problem just is that I get an unhandled exception when I have made a character and tries to load the game.

-Gotler

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:20 am

Eeep...if I remember correctly, the tsc folder contains the data folder....so you can treat it basically as a data folder, if you tell the program to start in the tsc folder, it will go all through it looking for the files it needs, I think....if not, then I have issues and my computer knows what I am tryin to tell it to do! :) If there are any dll's, of course you wanna place them manually, I tend to back up ALL of my dll's and bring the new ones in as needed.

I am note 100% sure now, but if you do treat the tsc as a data, it should work...just make sure the start in reflects the tsc folder, but then, I cant remember what the version you are looking at has for instructions....Guy had me confused at one point on how to load everything! :D

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:34 am

I dont know if my download is screwed up or something but there isnt any folders in the download. the files are:
T s C.ink (shortcut)
Plugy. ini
TsC.ini
TSC.mpq
D2ModSetup.bat
PlugY_Install.bat
PlugY_Uninstall
D2Mod.dll
Mercmod.dll
PlugY.dll
Utility.dll
D2mod.txt
PlugY readme on English, French and German.
Readme.txt

In the readme coming with the mod this is how to install the mod:
=== Installation ===

This is from scratch

-Extract this .zip to desktop

-Place TsC folder in your Diablo II folder.

-Add D2Mod.dll to main d2 folder

-Add D2ModSetup.bat and PluginY Uninstall.bat to main d2 folder

-Run PluginY UnInstall.bat (yes UNINSTALL)

-Run D2ModSetup.bat

-If you are running D2 in the standard installation folder (c:/program files/diablo II/) you can just run the shortcut from your desktop... otherwise your going to have to change the paths on the shortcut. Use mine as an example.

I think I did all that but now I just get that unhandled exception tingy...

-Gotler

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:42 am

Ok, I think I remember that version now....wow...I forgot it came in an mpq! I dont quite remember how I got that installed now....but the bat file should be copying/renaming all the files as they need to be...

I am out of ideas....Guy, you got anything????

EDIT: Hang on, I think I remember now....make a folder in the d2 directory called TsC, and put everything from the zip in that folder. Then proceed with the instructions.....I think that should work....
Last edited by Malachai29 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:48 am

As far as I know that is what I have allready done... it might help to reinstall the mod... Ill try that

-Gotler
Last edited by gotler on Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:52 am

Damn it sometimes I hate D2MOD :cry:

Letme see If I can recreate this error :)

Mmm I got that version, you need to put all the files in a folder called TSC in the main D2 folder. And the MPQ where all mpq's go.

If the Shortcut isn't pointing to where the d2mod.dll is it creates an assertion.

C:/program files/Diablo II/TSC/d2mod.dll is where it should be, so if you run on D/E/F you might need to change the shortcut...

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:06 pm

I aint any shark to all this computing stuff and especially when its on english. So how should the shortcut (if thats the problem) look like?
Ive got all the files from the dl in a folder called TsC except d2_modsetup.bat, PlugY_Uninstall.bat and D2mod.dll.
I have runned the two bat files and i have desribed the shortcut in another post. If you need other informations just ask.

-Gotler

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:13 pm

try dropping the tsc from the start in....if I remember right, the setup.bat copies all the files you need....is this correct guy?

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:19 pm

Nope now it just went back to original startup screen. I think it loads the mod allright but that there is some error causing the unhandled exception.

-Gotler

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:25 pm

To be honest, I think what I ended up doing was copying all the dll's into the d2 directory, the ini files into the d2 directory, then renamed the tsc.mpq to patch_d2.mpq I think that worked for me....its been a little bit since I played that version

Edit: forgot to add that after I did this, I ran it from the normal d2 icon...
Last edited by Malachai29 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:59 pm

So what version are you playing? Are there any newer version or what? And the dlls that come with the mod arent the game dlls are they? I might as well give it a try...

-Gotler

- EDIT -
Nope didnt work... it worked alright but it did the same as before but i couldnt load now either...

- EDIT -
Btw are you supposed to install plugy seperately?
Last edited by gotler on Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:21 pm

I am pretty much out of ideas at this point, but if Guy can get the next version out before keep update on friday, that would be a good thing! :)

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:21 pm

Sorry bout the double post, PK timed out on me......I didnt hit the button twice though....weird....
Last edited by Malachai29 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:30 pm

I say to uninstall it do to it is installed under d2mod, and it causes conflicts otherwise.

In the next version Y is not included, to make installation easier, and so you can update it.

Two solutions, a possible quick fix, or a length instruction process...

Quick Fix?

Change the "Start in" property on the shortcut from

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\TSC"

to

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\"

That is if your Diablo is installed there :)

OR

Let me try some new instructions.

Go to your D2 Folder, lets say it is X://Diablo II/

Make a new folder, call it TSC.

Extract the zip to the desktop, and copy it's contents in the TSC folder.

COPY the MPQ from the TSC folder into the Diablo II folder. (I cannot remember which folder it needs to be in)

Move d2modinstall.bat into Diablo II folder, and run it.

Make a new shortcut for Diablo II.

Right click it and choose properties.

In TARGET put

"X:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -mod TsC

And try to see if it works :)

If neither works, you would wait for the new version, easier installation and more stuff :) Should be out VERY, VERY SOON!

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:15 pm

Im very sorry that Im so much trouble to you all... the mod still doesnt work so I guess Ill just wait for another version...

-Gotler

- EDIT -
Wait a sec I just changed the text in the start in box and now i got into the game... do the necro start with the cube + a sword cause thats what I got...

- EDIT2 -
Are there supposed to be expanded inenvtory size? Or was that supposed to come with Plugy? And can you give some hints on how to get plugY to work with this mod?
Last edited by gotler on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:47 pm

PlugY works no problem with TsC, I use it myself...in fact, I use the version you have packed there....just a matter of getting it installed! :) You should be able to install PlugY with the normal installation instructions for PlugY.....I think

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:08 am

It just doesnt have the d2gfx.dll and the PlugY folder... so how to do that...

-Gotler

- EDIT -
Ive just found an item called adventurers experience. I (think) can drink it but since it has no stats I think its used for something in the cube... anyone knows what its for?
Last edited by gotler on Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:54 am

for PlugY, use its own install instructions....it should work....and it should come with all it needs....

Adventurers Exp....I havent quite figured out what it is, but I think it works like an exp shrine....
Last edited by Malachai29 on Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:31 am

Yeah, thats why i didn't put Y in new version, I think it's better the user updates it :)

Do you want to know what it does? Yeah you drink it like a stanima potion, very useful :)

Inventory size is small, but the cube and PluginY make up for it, I don't like stacking thousands of charms in my inventory...

My instructions are always crummy, but I think we got it down to a tea now :)

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:08 am

Inventory size is small, but the cube and PluginY make up for it, I don't like stacking thousands of charms in my inventory...
It's exactly why I haven't increased the inventory size in PlugY ;)
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”