[OFFER] - Item Creating/Balance and related stuff

This forum is for requests for (and offers of) mod-related work and mod project recruitment whether temporary or permanent. This is NOT a place to post "make this for me" requests.

Moderator: AdiTT

No votes

Total votes: 0

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

[OFFER] - Item Creating/Balance and related stuff

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:27 am

Hey,

I can offer to help on balance and create everything what is linked to Items. Why I do this? Because many mods are pretty nice, but the Item design and balance really sucks, not many people like to work on this and know something about balance, which result in some OP Items and a lot crap which no one use. I worked on my own mod before, but I´m not so good on skills / animations and I not really enjoy to work on it.
Would prefer to work on lod version 1.13c, but any other version is ok as well. Why 1.13c? The 27 State bug got fixed and I wanna create some item modifiers which works via aura´s. To explain:

+X to Devil Points is the new modifier

Fireball:
+X% Dmg per Devil Point

+X to Life per Devil Point

This works only correct if the devil point item modifier is working via an aura ( to refresh the number of points). More about this you can find here.
Just to give you an example what my work would include. I´m also fine with just some simple balance changes. I worked on the Sanctus Mod (german mod) before and I still work on Pact of Evil if my modding partner Barby return. Anyway I just work 3h per day currently which means I can spend a lot time on modding. I can do nearly every kind of softcoded work and some simple code edits, if I know the offset where I can find it.
I would like to use Dropbox for shareing the data stuff, I´m staying currently in Newzealand (Working Holiday Visa) , native german speaker and can also speak fluent english. Should be enough informations.

Edit: Is it possible to change the profil name, and if, how?
Edit2: Before someone ask, I cannot create graphics but I have a big collection of graphics and animations on my computer which I can use.

AlphA

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Re: [OFFER] - Item Creating/Balance and related stuff

Post by kidpaddle94 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:24 am

Hello. I'm personally having difficulties with uniques and sets. I would like to make uniques and sets, very unique. But this I mean they would have some sort of properties the normal items can't have, along with being stronger of course. Although, I have hard times trying to find ideas.

In my mod, each gear item has it's own unique, in all of it's three tier. Example, UniqueName (Normal), UniqueName (Superior), UniqueName (Elite). As for sets, they can spawn in all item tiers, bu all parts are of the same tier. Also, there must be at least one class specific part, since I want to make all full sets class specifics.

If you have some good item concepts ideas that you would like to share, you can pm me ^^

Thanks

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: [OFFER] - Item Creating/Balance and related stuff

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 am

You got a message. As I said, if you want more than just suggestions I need some more details about your mod.

regards
AlphA

Return to “Job Offerings”