[Request] Defense while running plugin for d2mod.dll

This forum is for requests for (and offers of) mod-related work and mod project recruitment whether temporary or permanent. This is NOT a place to post "make this for me" requests.

Moderator: AdiTT

No votes

Total votes: 0

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

[Request] Defense while running plugin for d2mod.dll

Post by k0r3l1k » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Hey, if anyone has the know-how and free time to make this simple plugin for D2mod, it would be quite useful to me.

The only specifics i have are that it enables defense while running and operates on a separate .dll from other d2mod plugins. If you feel like adding options feel free. (for example % of defense while running, block modifiers while running etc.)

Note: I am aware that D2smallutility already offers this function however it causes issues with some other plugins i am using; namely breaks the kill event used by manaperkill, kill-skill etc.

Thank you in advance!

p.s. this is not an immediately requisite feature as i am working on plenty of other things, however this feature is requisite for my mods release.

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Re: [Request] Defense while running plugin for d2mod.dll

Post by kidpaddle94 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Well, to be honest you could actually make the edit directly in the dll yourself if you only want this edit. It literally requires changing a 1 to a 0 (or the opposite, can't remember), and it's been posted for many versions, including 1.10F.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 am

Yeah i know i did that earlier this morning but I'm using d2se and I'd rather not have to include modified d2game.dll with the mod. nor messing with the core files. I'm not really good at messing with code in the first place, trying to get this to work without changing core files is just out of my league. I tried searching how to do this for like 5 hours this morning :/

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 am

D2SE has a dll path loading priority made for modders. It first looks in your mod folder. If the dll is not found (D2Game.dll for example), it will then load the dll from the core path (corresponding to the core the mod plugin uses). Meaning all you have to do is edit your D2Game.dll and put it in your mod folder.

I would gladly do it, though I do not have the dev version of D2Mod. SVR left and I have no idea of who has it, or rather who still has it. Also, the question is, will the people who have it, give it to me without SVR permission?

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:47 am

Humm. well i can do the d2game mod then, also im pretty sure dav92 has it, though i may as well just use d2game because d2se removes any complication with mod setup. thanks for the help.

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:10 pm

k0r3l1k" wrote:Humm. well i can do the d2game mod then, also im pretty sure dav92 has it, though i may as well just use d2game because d2se removes any complication with mod setup. thanks for the help.
Norr.. Dav is creating his plugins using logical intensions, he does not own the core, but just understanded the sytsme loading methods, also he's coding in another language which I don't think any one else uses there..

dav92
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by dav92 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:19 pm

I switched from HLA to C around three months ago, it's much easier to write in an HLL than in ASM. And I have the SDK, but I don't use it. Back in 2006 it could be downloaded by anyone from the keeps filebase.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:12 pm

ugh... someone please delete that spam post, this topic can be locked as it has been resolved. Thank you.

Return to “Job Offerings”