[REQUEST] Will Pay for Simple Mod

This forum is for requests for (and offers of) mod-related work and mod project recruitment whether temporary or permanent. This is NOT a place to post "make this for me" requests.

Moderator: AdiTT

johnc

[REQUEST] Will Pay for Simple Mod

Post by johnc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Nevermind. With the help of many people here, I actually learned how to do it myself. Thanks to everyone for all the assistance.
Last edited by johnc on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: [REQUEST] Will Pay for Simple Mod

Post by cla$$ics » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 pm

johnc" wrote:Would like a simple mod to adjust class skill trees and am willing to pay $20 to someone who can make the adjustments for me. Looking to get this turned around within the next few days (or else I'll just have to learn to do it myself). Reply if you are able and interested and I'll provide more details. Thanks.
Skill trees can take MONTHS to get done. Not to mention they are a lot of work, at that. I've been working on getting all classes to have atleast five new skills apiece for almost a year.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Classic, I have discussed this with him. He actually wanted to delete this topic. But I guess no need to, so just edit your first post and sound a bit nicer about it John.
The PK Pikachu

~ Stingray, dedicated Eastern Sun, and Zy-El mod playing Pikachu. ~

Eastern Sun Database | Eastern Sun Wiki | Zy-El Wiki | Zy-El Unique Webpage

johnc

Post by johnc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Sorry guys. I clearly have no idea what it takes to do any of this. I wouldn't expect what I'm looking for to be overly complex but you are right it is dangerous to just assume that is the case.

As you might have guessed, I am a lazy player and I was hoping to create some type of blended melee class with an overpowering mix of passive skills. I wasn't thinking of invented new skills, just moving stuff from one class to replace stuff on another. And I don't even care that much about the details - as long as I end up with an overpowered character with a lot of passive skills so I can mindlessly mow through anything in the game.

So, for example, it might be a paladin as the base but add in mace weapon spec, iron skin, and natural resist from the barb in place of the 3 resist defensive auras. Then replace Definance, Vigor and Redemption with Dodge, Avoid, and Evade from the Amazon.

I know that's not the type of thing most people would want, but I like that type of mindless experience when I'm thinking through things. I just don't know how to actually do it.

Thanks.

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:26 pm

This would be almost impossible. Sure you can make one character godly, but all the others will be weaker than a wet quill rat! If you want to be godly, this can be done using a character editor, that can give you the oskill for the skill you want. No modding at all required and you get to keep the original skills with all classes balanced.
The PK Pikachu

johnc

Post by johnc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Ouch. OK. Thanks. I assumed that would be easy, to just replace a skill on the tree with one from another class but I guess it just goes to show how little I know about this. I wasn't worried about upsetting balance and making the other classes weak by comparison since it was just for single player but I was hoping to romp my way through the levels (as opposed to just using a char editor). I appreciate the reply.

Thanks.

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Oh, you misunderstood. Actually just moving around skills is pretty simple with about an hour of work. I was saying that I thought you wanted to play all characters and so you would need them balanced. If you just moved all the good skills to one class, when you wanted to play a new one you would have to change around the skills again corrupting your original character.
The PK Pikachu

johnc

Post by johnc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Great. That's all I want... all the good skills in one uberclass. Hopefully then someone will be willing to invest the hour it would take in order to make a quick 20 bucks (and save my the 5 days it would take me to learn how to do that hour's worth of work :lol: ).

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Yes, but which class? Also, don't bother paying. Many people would do this for free, mod makers sometimes spend over 3 years making a mod and have it free. No one would charge you for an hour.
The PK Pikachu

johnc

Post by johnc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:12 am

Deleted. Please see first post.

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.
Last edited by johnc on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnc

Post by johnc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:27 am

Deleted. Please see first post.
Last edited by johnc on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 am

please do not double post, rather edit your posts
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:18 pm

*click*

P.S. Never offer payments or it will lead to a bad post from my side :)
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

Return to “Job Offerings”