Technical question

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Technical question

Post by gogodanny » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:56 am

hi folks

I know this mod is dead already as I have also read hades' last postings, but I still wanted to give the mod a try.
Now when i started everything was smooth sailing.
Characterskills and everything were as planned it was only that no names were changed and sets/uniques were named after ITH or an evil force.
I know that the reason for that was the german d2lang.dll I did use.
So far no problem as I do not really mind that kind of problem.
The problems I have now is that in the german 1.10 that you get when starting the game you do not have an aurafix so this means everytime you mouse over an item with "xlvl aura when equipped" the game crashes.

So in order to prevent that and also to get the proper itemnames I decided to go along with the english version of the d2lang.dll and wonder oh wonder it worked.

at least that's what I was thinking, because now the items are displayed perfectly but I am no longer able to do gemwords, cannot do the new runewords, and I am also not able to do RWs in other than normal socketed items (though it should work).

Anyway this is a problem I could live with as this would just slow me down a little, but now I also have the problem that when I want to enter act2 via warriv the game crashes leaving me with a c00000005 msg.

any of you guys have any idea how I could make this mod work?
I would really very much like to play it so ... :-)

Additional information:

it was NO clean D2 install, because I am not at home for 6 months (semester abroad) and left the original D2 cds at home (jsut brought LOD) and did play a few different mods already (latest was reign of shadow - very boring).

although what I did do was get the "clean 1.09" from the database, copied it over in the original folder and deleted any not required files.
I then upgraded with the official updater to v1.10 and replaced to original patchd2.mpq with the modified one.

so do you guys have any idea how to play this mod that does NOT require a full-re-install of the original D2 (cuz that's temporarily not possible)

thx and greets

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Technical question

Post by Hades » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:29 am

Well first off bud,this mod was really only me playing around with everything from mapping,uniques,sets,and my favorite graphics and sounds.So it kind of took off after that lol,never really meant it to be more than a whim so it's got it's fill of mistakes and bugs lol.I was aware of most of the problems,but I was fooling around with stat potions and skill point potions and other stuff for my"real"mod.Everything was fixed ..filled up uniques with new uniques,bunch of new sets,stat potions,skill point things,new skills,etc the list went on but then I had a fire at my home and comp and other stuff got totalled.So needless to say my modding bug was extinguished lol after so much effort to have it gone so fast heheh gave up.
The new mod was to be a "fixed Hades mod" with a ton of new stuff and more balanced gameplay...and of course my signature boss areas heheh.
So hadesunderworld...my bugged tryout mod is to say the least full of glitches.Really a shame butsounds like you're on the right track to make it work,although I havent tinkered with it in a gods age,although I dnt even have a mod file of it to start from to help you out.I wish ya luck on it and hope it gives ya some kind of fun,a bunch of people loved it for the fact of just a fun mod heheh,mostly overpowered and not balanced though lol.My "have fun"mod was a blast though.
cheers bud wish I could be more help
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Return to “Hades Underworld”