Um, a little help please!

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

oldtimer
Paladin

Um, a little help please!

Post by oldtimer » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:38 pm

Ok been playin for a little while now and I have a few problems. First my mercs can only equip standard equip(i.e. no rings,ammy,.....). Second, also I can't put rune words in anything other than white items.WHY ??????

Now I have noticed 1 thing that may be causin this and I was wondering how to fix it if it's my problem. It says in the read me that the dl comes with 4 dll's and a mpq, but all i have is the readme and the mpq. Do I need those dll's to be able to use the rw's and full merc? If so where can I get just the dll's without having to dl the whole file again, cause my D2 pc is no longer on line and I have to dl and burn to a disk now :cry:

Any help here and I would be eternaly greatful.

p.s. Hades, love ur mod, just realy want to play it to it's fullest...

KickimusButamus

Re: Um, a little help please!

Post by KickimusButamus » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:28 am

well first off you probably got the SMALL version of HADES its missing alot of the stuff that the big one has..... for instance if you would make a game it would be much like regilar D2 however if i was to make a game you would get all the new 2.9 goodies your problem is you got the small 120-180 meg file whne u need the 712 meg file.

i know thats what fixed my friends problem however, u could have downloaded a corrupted file or an incomplete file which is highly unlikely but u could have the only solution i can think of is getting an all new hades or asking sumone like me very politely to send u my hades files...... that way u dont have to download the whole thing again ^.^

also keep in mind if you have multiple mods installed into the same diablo 2 folder it will severely cripple that D2 folder to the point of deletion beause you will have several mods counteracting with the paths that must be followed i suggest reinstall d2 if you have this done and create 2 backup diablo 2 folders. 1 for backup, 1 to play bnet on, then the origional use it to run heavy mods that must be ran from the default folder
then to get a new heavy mod installed just delete folder and paste a copy of the back up there and your ready for a new mod

if you want me to send u the files i only send them via MSN so if you dont have it get it then ill send it.
I am formerly one of the previous leaders Clan Triforce [TF] Clan Elite Martial Force [EMF] Clan Apocalyptic Harbringers [AH] and I run and operate a of multiple Teamspeak and Ventrilo Servers. Since those clans are long since gone im Looking for some active people to game with.

If you have any questions concerning Diablo II, D2:LOD, D2 Mods, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or if you're looking for a gaming buddy feel free to contact me via XFIRE.

And if you play DOTA *A DEVILISH GRIN* I may request a throw down.

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:23 pm

Thanks for the response.
As far as the file size I don't think that's my prob. cause the 1 I have is 700 somthin megs.
I am however running mult. mods out of the same folder(hades,nez,kot, and efta, all with plugy). So maybe I did corrupt somthin :cry: I hope not cause my pc is not on-line anymore so if I reinstall I won't have the 1.10 patch, then won't be able to even play it the way it is now.

No MSN at the moment, but if I can't solve me prob. any other way, I will def. get it and give u a holler. TY

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:37 pm

Well first off glad you're enjoying it bud....glad to hear from you all..
Try using some mod running scripts which help make things a whole lot easier if you,which can be found in the file center.As it sounds like you've used the same chars in diff mods or have simply forgotten to install the dll's needed for my mod.Or you have used diff dll's for diff mods ,either way something sounds a little out of whack bud.
Could just be something not installed which is needed too,and if you use something else with my mod,other progs or whatever,then I can't help ya too much then heh heh....basically on your own then...
Hope it all works out good for ya though bud....Easy rule of thumb...use one mods characters with that mod and no other mods...heh heh.. ;)
nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:12 am

hey, what will fix your problem would be to make a new install of DIABLO II to do that you should

How to Make Backup Folders
1.Uninstall Diablo II
2.Delete the Diablo II folder in Program Files to make it a fresh install
3.Reinstall Diablo II
4.Update to version 1.10 LOD off of Bnet
5.Create a backup D2 Folder so you do not have to reinstall all the time (copy the d2 folder in program files then paste it sumwhere in that same folder rename it "Diablo II Regular" or sumthing or "DII 1.10" just dont keep it named "Diablo II" or it wont work)
6.Once you have created backup folder u can use 1 folder to mod with and the other for reg D2 or for new mods.

To make a folder work with new mods
1.Take your back up folder PASTE IT name it "Diablo II *modname*"
2.Place the mod files in that folder. keep in mind some mods must be in the Default Diablo II folder to work correctly. some of these mods are installer.EXE mods and valhalla mods those are 2 i know that work like this.
3. After you have your new Mod folder with the mod you are free to delete the old mod folder if you no longer play it however i always keep my mod zip files to play them at lader times (10 gigs of my 80 gig harddrive is d2 mods.......)

How To Play a Mod from an alternate Folder
1.Open the Mod Folder
2.Locate the Diablo II icon or Diablo II.exe (for you legit players out there it looks like the lord of destruction icon, for you hackers and people that cheat and use loader it looks like the old diablo icon)
3.After you Locate it, Right Click the Icon and select "CREATE SHORTCUT" the default name should be "ShortCut of Diablo II.EXE"
4.Move the Shortcut to the Desktop and/or Start menu
5.To rename the shortcut right click it and select "Rename"

Advanced Shortcut Users
If you are more advanced you can have it load different things on startup Mpq's Window Mode Titles SkiptoBnet and lots of other things to do this
1.Right Click SHortcut
2.Select Proporties
3.After Target you can put "C:\Program FIles\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"
-title "Diablo II Hades Underworld" =The Title of it is now "Diablo II Hades Underworld" not "Diablo II" for the name
-w =windowed mods
-txt =Runs Off the TXT files (google it for more info)
-direct =Runs Directly From i think game EXE (google it for more info)
-mpq Alternate.mpq =Runs Off an alternate Mpq file rather then default
-skiptobnet =Simple you skip directly to bnet

ill show an example of mine for Hades Underworld
"C:\Program Files\DII HADES\Diablo II.exe" -w -title "Diablo II Hades Underworld"

only certain mods require -direct -txt ,earlier versions of hades required it aka version2.6 i believe

well thats bout all i got TY and G'Nite
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am formerly one of the previous leaders Clan Triforce [TF] Clan Elite Martial Force [EMF] Clan Apocalyptic Harbringers [AH] and I run and operate a of multiple Teamspeak and Ventrilo Servers. Since those clans are long since gone im Looking for some active people to game with.

If you have any questions concerning Diablo II, D2:LOD, D2 Mods, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or if you're looking for a gaming buddy feel free to contact me via XFIRE.

And if you play DOTA *A DEVILISH GRIN* I may request a throw down.

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:37 am

Thanks for the help guys.
Guess I'll have to take my pc to my bud's house to get on line and do a reinstall, just to be sure.
As far as useing other progarms with it Hades, the only thing I use with it is plugy for the stash, cause u put a lot a cool s*#t in and I'm sorta a packrat.
Um, just to clear things up, are the dll's part of the mpq or are they totally seperate? Cause like I said, when I dled the mod all I got was a readme and the 700 somthin meg mpq. I'm askin because I noticed I have the same type of prob with a few other mods that need dll's replaced and I only have a mpq and other stuff but no dlls. Do I need to do somthin to get to the dlls or are should they be there when I do the dl?
FYI, when I dl I unzip to it;s own folder then put it in my d2 folder, so I know that I don't see any dlls.

P.S. Hades, I only use the guys I made for each mod, I have mult. save folders in my main save folder, again thanks to plugy, so I know that's not my prob.

P.S.S. is the way I'm postin ok or should I have just edited my first post? just wondering :)

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:11 pm

You only need to edit a post, IF you were the last one to post in that thread. :)

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Ty Moose for the info.

Ok, now for an update on my prob. I found the 4 dll's in my rar. folder, but still no sign of them in the Hades folder. So now I guess my question is, are they part of the mpq or should I be able to see them along with the mpq.
I guess I could make copies of the rar. files and put them in my d2 folder, no sure if that will work though :?: Kinda scared to try it not knowing if it will work or not, cause I don't want to screw anything up.
Anyone know if I can do this or am I just out of luck and stuck playin it without massive gear and a killer hireling?
Sorry to keep buggin about this but without my pc being online I am kinda limmited to what I can do and not do as far as dling stuff to fix this.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:35 am

Hmm ok I see what you are asking about now lol.The mpq file simply add into your D2 folder,as always heh heh.Now as for the 4 dll's....these you add into your D2 folder as well ....but first make backups of the respective ones.
Ths dll's are the little thinga ma jigs which allow the runewords in uniques,hireling extra stuff..rings,gloves,etc,and a few other nice additions...
So I would use em in the mod to get the whole extra feel to it bud. ;) Only my other mod Apocalypse doesn't use dll's...which i suppose is an easier install but people like the underworld feel heh heh.
So hope this clears it up for ya...I am however a little confused as to why the dll's are in a diff folder from the mpq when I set it up for download though.Didn't think I had more than one folder when I uploaded the mod...oh well maybe I'll look after...
nuff said
Hades
.....btw mapping is coming along great and yes new version...soon...still wonder if anyone found any screwed up sets....I could have sworn there were a few bugged ones.....
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:36 pm

Good news guys, I got it fixed :D
Found the dll's by doin a file search on my pc. It showed them to be in the hades folder, so I guess they are hidden files or somthin, cause if I open it I still don't see em. Oh well, who cares cause it works now.

Anyway, again thanks for all the help guys. :cool:

P.S. New update huh? Can't wait to see what comes out of ur insane mind this time :lol:

P.S.S. Any idea how large ths dl will be this time ?

Return to “Hades Underworld”