Error when starting mod: "Can't patch memory"

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

Wlffrsether

Error when starting mod: "Can't patch memory"

Post by Wlffrsether » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 pm

When I try to play this mod I always get the message: "Can't patch memory (bad version of Mod or D2Lod)"
I deleted the game and re-installed it. Then I installed the mod (2.6) and started the game. It worked. But the second time I tried to start the game I got that error again. I'm using PlugY by Yohann, but I don't see why that makes any difference.

Does anybody know why this happens, and what I can do to fix it?

Edit:

I just did a search at the forum and it seems to be some error with using PlugY at the same time as some other plugins. Is there any way to remove those specific plugins or do I have to play without PlugY in this mod?

Second Edit:

It seems to be a compability issue with the skill-per-lvl-plugin that is allready in the game. It works if I don't use that feature in PlugY.
Last edited by Wlffrsether on Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Error when starting mod: "Can't patch memory"

Post by Hades » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:55 am

Well for one,I dnt use the plugy thing from Yohann so I have no ideas about that stuff bud.It is the skill per level dll though I imagine as my mod uses hash caspers skill points per level dll and hireling dll's.I dnt really care for any other ones as it seems a waste of time to me but by all means play with whatever plug ins you like,I just cant guarantee how the mod will play or respond.
Anyways have fun and hope it all works out for ya...
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Return to “Hades Underworld”