skill's thread

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

skill's thread

Post by Hades » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:40 pm

I'm just going to disuss skill's here and the names for some of them.Also the new graphic's(as they may change )and new power's of some of them.Lastly to describe some of the penalties for some of the skill's,which is coming soon.So dnt get to used to the skill's as they are now. ;)
Anyway's I'm going to be posting a list of the skill's so far and a brief rundown on what is to be changed and moved.
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: skill's thread

Post by Hades » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:41 pm

Well I'm finally getting around to posting a list of the skill changes so far in version 1.8 of underworld mod.So here's the rundown so far,in brief mind you. ;)
Chaos Maiden skill's:
Inner sight:now changed to Athena's Blessing,(and graphic changed somewhat)
Multiple shot: now changed to Lightning Wave, (and diablo lightning is the graphic for this skill ,with diff sound effect also,I'm also changing the damage to fire and lightning dam also soon..)
Strafe:Athena's Guidance is new name for this (new graphic is used here also and new sound and damage coming)
Immolation arrow: Tiamat's Breath is the new name,(graphic changed and sound almost done too)
Fend: Athena's Wrath is the new name (damage to be changed..elemental probably)
Freezing arrow:Thrym's Touch is new name(graphic changed and sound maybe)
Lightning Fury:Zeus's Fury is new name(graphic has been changed along with damage)

Spellbinder Skill's:
Inferno: Imix's Breath is new name,(new graphic using diablo's lightning and damage to be changed as well)
Static field: Mass Weaken is new name,(only plans to chnage damage)
Frost Nova: Cryonax's Icy Death is new name,(new graphic using Ground fire and adding some new damage's and synergies soon)
Blaze: Hellforge Boot's is new name(graphic bigger flames and new sound's soon)
Nova: Red Death is new name(new graphic using diablo lightning along with some new sounds and dam)
Enchant :Hades Enchantment is new name(new damages soon along with sounds)
Chain Lightning: Zeus's Lightning is new name(new graphic using diablo lightning and new sound's,with some dam changes soon)
Thunderstorm: Zeus's Guardian is new name(probable sound and dam changes to come soon)
Blizzard :Thrym's Vengeance is new name(new graphic's soon ,maybe dam too)
Chilling armor: Cryonax's Armor is new name(new graphic and new dam soon)
Fire mastery: Hades Blessing is new name(dam and synergies to chnage)
Lightning mastery: Zeus's Blessing is new name(dam and synergies to change)
Cold mastery: Cryonax's Iceage is new name(dam and synergies to change)
Frozen Orb: Chaos Ice Blast is new name(new dam and sounds to come)
Werebear : Polymorph self is new name(sounds to be changed)
Maul : Modi's berserk rage is new name(graphic changed and sound)
Shockwave: Skoraeus's Step is new name(graphic changed and sound)

Death Knight Skill's:

Bone armor: Undead armor is new name(sounds and graphic to change along with armor's life)
Skeleton mastery:Undead mastery is new name(more skill changes to this are coming to use more stuff..)
Raise skeleton:Raise undead is new name(obviously more changes for this)
Clay Golem:Earth Elemental is new name(summon 2 elemental's,and new graphic here,new sounds and cost coming soon)
Terror: Fear of Hades is new name(changes soon for this also)
Raise skeletal mage:Raise undead mage
is new name(more coming..)
Bone Prison: Hades Fingers is new name(graphic and sound to change)
Poison Nova: Hades Breath is new name(graphic has changed and sound will soon too,dam may change too)
Bone Spirit: Hades Minion is new name(dam and sound to change along with graphic)

Cavalier's Skill's:

Might aura: Atlas's Blessing is new name(no changes planned other than graphic)
Resist fire: Surtur's Bane is new name(graphic and resistance to be changed)
Thorn's: Tyr's Guardian is new name( damage returned to be changed along with graphic)
Defiance: Sif's Blessing is new name(new graphic and sound only change in mind)
Resist cold: Thrym's Bane is new name(new graphic and sound soon)
Zeal: Tyr's Blessing is new name(new sounds only planned change)
Blessed aim: Heimdall's Guidance is new name(graphic change is planned)
Cleansing: Idun's Blessing is new name(graphic to be changed)
Vengeance: Odin's Strike is new name(graphic and sound to be changed as well as damage)
Blessed Hammer: Mjolinir is new name(damage and graphic to be changed as well as sounds)
Concentration: Sif's Guidance is new name(graphic only planned change)
Holy Freeze: Odin's Touch is new name(damage and graphic to be changed as well as sound)
Holy Shield:Skirnir's Guard is new name(defence and sound to be changed)
Holy Shock: Thor's guardian is new name(damage and graphic to be changed,sound too)
Sanctuary:Hel's Bane is new name(new sound only planned change except to include more undead changes)
Fist of Heaven's: Thor's Vengeance is new name(damage and graphic changed and sounds to be changed as well)
Fanaticism: Modi's Blessing is new name(damage and synergies to be changed as well as sound)
Conviction: Baldur's Gaze is new name(graphic and sound to be changed)
Redemption: Hel's Defence is new name(dunno yet lol)
Salvation: Odin's Shield is new name(better resistances and graphic changes to come)

Gladiator's skill's:

Sword mastery: Ares Blessing is new name(some new damages ,synergies etc)
Axe mastery:Ares Edge is new name(dam and synergies to change)
Howl: Yell of Hades is new name(no changes other than graphic change)
Double swing:Ares attack is new name(synergies change and dam)
Polearm mastery:Apollo's Blessing is new name(synergies and dam)
Throwing mastery: Apollo's Guidance is new name(synergies and dam planned)
Spear mastery:Athena's Wisdom is new name(synergies and dam planned)
Stun: Ares Touch is new name(no changes ,maybe graphic)
double throw:Zeus's Anger is new name(damage planned)
Leap attack: Ares Leap is new name(damage and synergy planned)
Iron skin: Hades Skin is new name(some changes planned)
Battle cry: Atlas's Strength is new name(graphic and sound to change)
Frenzy: Kronos's Fury is new name(damage and synergy to change)
Battle orders: Zeus's widsdom is new name(no changes)
Whirlwind: Ares Dance of Death is new name(graphic changed,damage and synergy to change)
Berserk:Kronos's Touch is new name(damage and synergy to change)
Warcry: Zeus's Ward is new name(damage to change)
Battle Command: Atlas's Benefit is new name(no change other than graphic)
Fire golem: Fire elemental is new name(summon 2 elemental's,new graphic and sound)
Meteor: Hades Strike is new name(graphic and damage to change)

Viking Skill's:
Werewolf:Polymorph is new name(damage and duration to change)
Lycanthropy: All Hallow's Eve is new name(duration planned)
Molten Boulder: Loki's Throw is new name(damage and graphic changed)
Arctic Blast: Thrym's Shard is new name(grasphic changed and sound,damage coming)
Hunger:Loki's Guise is new name(dmage and synergy to change)
Fissure: Hell Furnaces is new name(graphic and damages changed,sounds coming)
Cyclone armor: Elemental shield is new name(resistances to change,along with graphic)
Rabies: Breath of Pestilence is new name(no changes yet)
Twister: Yan-C-Bin's Touch is new name(graphic change and sounds to come)
Volcano: Imix's Heart is new name(damage and graphic changed and sounds soon)
Tornado: Yan-C-Bin's Wave is new name(graphic changed and damage to change)
Armageddon: Imix's Fury is new name(Damage to change as well as synergy)
Hurricane: Spirit Void is new name(graphic changes as well as sound,damage soon)

Ninja's Skill's:
Claw mastery: Hachiman's Blessing is new name(damage to change as well as some stats)
Tiger strike: Hachiman's Touch is new name(damage to change)
Dragon talon: Tsyukiyomi's kick is new name(damage and synergy to change)
Wake of fire: Breath of Ama-Tsu-Mara is new name(graphic changed and sound,damage to be changed as well soon)
Cloak of shadows: Raiden's Cloak is new name(no changes yet)
Claws of thunder: Raiden's Thunder is new name( damage to be changed)
Dragon tail: Raiden's Guidance is new name(graphic changed and damage coming)
Lightning sentry: Raiden's trap is new name(graphic changed,damage soon)
Wake of inferno: Ama-Tsu-Mara's Wave is new name(graphic changed and sound and damage to come)
Mind Blast: Raiden's trickery is new name(some changes soon)
Blades of ice: Raiden's Ice Fury is new name (dunno yet lol)
Dragon flight: Raiden's Ascension is new name( damage to be changed and graphic as well)
Death sentry: Raiden's Curse is new name(damage changes and graphic as well)
Phoenix strike: Raiden's Glory is new name(graphic somewhat changed and damge to be changed as well as sound)

So there you have a brief rundown on how the skill's are going.Yes before anyone ask's some skill's are going to have diff damage (fire,cold etc)And some are going to have higher mana cost's and requirement's.
More graphic and sound changes are still in the works but those may take awhile hehe.
Are there going to be penalties?Yup you better believe it lol.Will they come soon?Maybe but I'm still working on some.
Anyway's there's my update on skill's for version 1.8 ,I think it is now lol.
I'm going to add some more set's for the next version also so still a little while till next version. ;)
nuff said
Hades

Sklifan

Post by Sklifan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:47 pm

del plx
Last edited by Sklifan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:31 am

Maby what you could do with Blessed hammer is make it do 1/3 of weapon damage so if you find a really good 2 handed weapon with uber damage it will increase the dmg output of blessed hammer.

FoH i never understood why this skill was given a casting delay...... I think it should be removed to increase effectivness.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:15 pm

FOH is what I forgot on this latest bug fix release lol.I knew there was something I was forgetting. :roll: But I will remember for next one lol.
Some of these skill's may come as a surprise,with nice changes for you or penalties lol. ;) As for the hammer ,missed that one also sorry.But I will beef it up some more next time .Right now I'm basically fixing any major or little bug's ,problem's in the mod before I move too far ahead.
I want to keep track of what is going on first before modding more major stuff. ;)
nuff said
Hades
btw keep posting any changes you would like in the skill's...

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:58 pm

what might be kinda nice would to see special added effects to some skills...
Like say when you use whirlwind you also cast a 5 second long hurrican too that is the same level as the Whirlwind skill.
Or Vengence has a 10% chance to cast the same level of enchant, and 15% chance to cast half the level of frozen orb.
the paladin Charge skill would get a stun component
The Casting Delay on Dragon Flight be removed, and add 15% chance of crushing blow.

Sorceress new skill, Glacial orb, basicly a frozen orb with ice blasts. *not glacial spike would be too laggy*. This orb freezes the enemys.

Modifyed new skill Cold Mastery, Cold mastery not only lower's enemys resists now but it also adds in a chance for piercing attack with cold spells. Such as if you get a piercing attack with glacial spike the enemy it hits there will be a explosion but the spike will keep on going, and every enemy it hits untill it does not pierce it will expload.

Necromancer's new skill
Banchi's Cry *spelling of banchi?* Shoots out multipule bone spirits instead of just 1.

New summon's, Bone Master, and Golem master.
These are really high hp/defense mobs with low attack, they look like those electrical flying bats just for movment purposes.
The masters give huge stat boosts through synergys for the type of summon.
They also have special aura's, Bone Master has a very high level prayer aura that causes quick regain for skeletons etc. Bone master can also cast the heal spell like the act 3 priests.
Golem master has a might/blessed aim combo type aura that are mixed with each other. *this is to fix summons having issues hitting bad guys*, and when you get a golem master or a bone master, when they attack they have prevent monster heal. So even know their attack is not that strong it has a purpose.
Also the master's attacks are ranged.

Druid summons
Dump all the vine summons, they are completely useless. that is imo tho, i never use them cuz they die too fast.

Move summon bear over to where the vine summons are, Add the skill wild mastery for level 1, summon bear at level 18.
Or whatever the order is. Between wild mastery and summon bear, there is summon Bear cub. And after summon bear this is Summon Dire Bear, basicly a super version of a bear.
Dire bear can also cast shockwave.
For the wolf line, After dire wolf there are blood wolfs, You can summon up to 2 wolfs, they are VERY fast run, and VERY fast attack. They have high life leech, and do more damage than dire wolfs.
Blood wolfs also have a life leech aura on them, which can be given to the whole party.

Blood wolfs give major synergy boosts to the other wolfs.
Dire Bear gives major synergy boosts to the other bears.

Between wolfs and bears, you cannot have them both out. You can eather have the whole bear line out, *cub, bear, dire* or you can have the whole wolf line out *spirit, dire, blood*.
The wolf line each does not compair to a bear, but what they lack in dmg/hp they make up in numbers.

The skill wild mastery increases the hp to all summons, and can also increase the summon ammounts.
For spirit wolfs you can get from 5 to 8 after wild mastery is maxed, dire wolfs from 3 to 5, and blood wolfs from 2 to 3.

For bears its Bear Cubs from 2 to 3, Bears from 1 to 2, and for Dire bears you can only have 1 out, but it gives dire bear the defiance aura. *the aura level increases with wild mastery level*

The spell armageddon, increase the range around the druid to about almost full screen, greatly increase the rate of fire and the damage.
Hurrican should have cold slowing damage by its self. But after you add in the new skill Wind Mastery, it lets hurrican freeze instead of chill. Wind mastery also increases the damage to all the wind base spells, and gives longer stun for twiser*?*.
Also new wind skill, Wind blade, a high damage single attack *good for bosses etc* The damage is magical and cold.

New fire skill Fire Rune, Kinda like fire mastery but not as good. Also adds in a mana recovery skill like warmth but also not as good. :)

Stuff like that =P
I kinda went overboard with alot of that stuff, i only wanted to mention 1 or 2 things but the skill ideas kept coming.
And i did't wanna be over faverable to the melee classes eather =P

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:24 pm

Those are actually good idea's and I'll have to go over them and decide what is feasible and what is not.but looks to me like in some way or the othe rI will add more then a few of those idea's.
Keep em coming,as this mod is basically just starting to take shape and there's along way to go. ;)
nuff said
Hades

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:46 am

No offense, but I rather dislike the graphic for Hades Breath. It does not fit the description if you ask me. Looks just way too weird.

At risk of sounding cliche, I think you need something green. :)
Last edited by LordTemjin on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:21 pm

Getting around to diff colors and whatnot. ;) I just basically wanted the basics for most of the skill graphic's and then I'm working on the new colors and looks after.Well actually I'm working on them now but they won't be ready for awhile.However just keep in mind I am working on it and good feedback.Keep it coming...
nuff said
Hades

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:44 am

New Skill: Plague Burst

Class: Death Knight (Necromancer)

Graphic: Poison Missile from Oblivion Knights (This can be used as a base graphic if you wish to further enhance it)

How it works: Well it works like Fireball, dealing Immediate Poison damage (Over 1 second, if this isnt possible just make it magic damage). Here's the good part. When it explodes, it releases a large dose of poison, sorta like Rancid Gas Potion. That poison damage will be very good and should have a low "second" time (ex: 13,000 damage over 4 seconds)

Skill Description: Releases a large blast of poisonous gasses at a high velocity creating a missle of pure poison. These gasses are extremely contagious and spread very far and quickly.

It replaces: Poison Dagger

Synergies:
+15% Damage to the Poison Clouds (Poison Explosion)
+8% Missle Damage (Hades Breath)

Synergies it gives:
(Poison Explosion)
+15% Poison Damage

(Hades Breath)
+10% Poison Damage
Last edited by LordTemjin on Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:28 am

Oh btw I've made poison nova with the old poison green graphic.Just to get it green again lol.Besides it looks better now.
nuff said
Hades

Return to “Hades Underworld”