Problem's and bug thread

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

PyroElecTrosis

Re: Problem's and bug thread

Post by PyroElecTrosis » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:16 am

Sorry to post here, I couldn't find the multiplayer matchup forum, anyway I found the Darkfear Armet as well. Like Papsti said, there were no stats for it, if you could like into it that would be great :D

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:12 pm

Well first of the multi player matchup forum is right below member announcements at the top of the page in forums ..here.So it's rather easy to post there hehh heh.
As for some of the uniques yes some are bugged still lol,to be fixed though.
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Hades_Tester

Problem's and bug's thread

Post by Hades_Tester » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:15 am

wail i whas testing runeword i try
on my amazone to make 1 in armor
that don't work now i got bad invatorie :-(
is there anuthing that can safe my char so
i can play on my amazone again plz help me out here

Peach, Love & Harmony

From a D2 Freaks

PS. i know other have same Problems btw.
Last edited by Hades_Tester on Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
In The Grey Dark Fog Come Out A More Dark Voice :

Run..RUN Mortal Warrior.......... Judgment Day is Near

Im Back From Hell To Make You Suffer Once Again....

Decain

Post by Decain » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:18 am

I was running through Hell Tristram and found a Set Ettin Axe that dropped. I picked it up, and tried to ID it but then I got an Error (I forgot what it said =\). It shut off my D2 and I was banned for 30 seconds. I got back into the Realm and tried to get into a game. It gives me an error everytime I try to join a game. It gives me

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptUnit

Hopefully you guys can help me out with this. More than likely I will need to be RollBack'ed.

Also, if it is a possibility. I would like to be able to keep that Set Ettin Axe :)

EDIT: This has now just happened to my Sorc, I picked up a Set Phase Blade instead.

I'll try Re-Downloading the Zip file. Maybe a file was changed in the v2.3 File.
Last edited by Decain on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:10 pm

well first of all I would play with the newest version,being 2.3.That's what sounds like went wrong but if there still is a problem post here.As for the ettin axe I've had many people find it,myself included and id it and no probs.
nuff said
Hades

Decain

Post by Decain » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:41 pm

I Re-Downloaded, but still get the same error.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:43 am

A few of the "Any Armors" runewords do not seem to work when put into, well, armor! Obsession and Flickering. Before I test more, I am generalizing that it may have to do with 2 rune runewords on armors. Probably nothing but a coincidence, but both of those are 2 rune runewords for armors...
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:26 pm

Hmmm I'll have to take a look into that but....I have made changes to the mod where even if it states for any armor,you still have to find the right armor it works with. ;) So reading the txt files may not always give you the answers....... :roll:
It's meant as a discover on your own kind of thing.I'm not going to post all the recipes as it kind of defeats the purpose of finding stuff out on your own and having fun doing it. ;)
nuff said
Hades
btw ,seperate topic,Ettin axe still works great for all the people I've talked to so far...

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:59 am

This just in, I am retarded and tried to runeword them to unique items.

:\

Orochi_Furor

Post by Orochi_Furor » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:54 am

Been playing a Melee druid for about 5 days now, just got to hell (and holy crap is it rough). Lvl 81 and heres a list of problems I have, with the latest version.

Realm items don't spawn with the same mods as single player items, while there are some single player mods that can't spawn for realms as far as I know, maybe you could put in other mods for uniques/sets to help rebalance them?

Can't have two bears/shadows/valkeries for the realm but you can in single player.

Seems to be lots of Barb biased items, mostly sets. Perhaps some more balanced high level items. I've always thought druids get the shaft being a bastard class, but since you have high lvl sets for both a mace barb(the IK set) and a new one for sword/shield barbs maybe you could add some for multiple builds for other classes.

Lots of the name changes for items seems a bit pointless, unless you change the mods, otherwise I can't see anyone refering to the items by the new names if they are still the same items most people are use to.
Along those lines some of the uniques and such have only slighly changed mods, some of them I wonder if they have lost their usefullness with such changes.
Such as ravenfrost, it no longer has cold absorb, has some other useless mod, I've tossed it so I don't remember now.
Hellslayer is supposed to have strenth and vitality based on level, but instead its "increases near dawn" and has always been at 0 for my druid so not as usefull as its supposed to be.
I've lately found a some items that are missing mods or have increased maximum poison resistance that seems out of place for such items, like Jalalas mane, Hexfire, and the Mask thats supposed to have lightning absorb I think. Lightsaber has no lightning absorb on it.
Hades Underworld has no partial set bonuses, I don't know if this was intentional but since my druid can't use the whole set its rather weak compared to Hades minion as its got some realy nice partial set bonuses. Thats just a personal problem I guess, maybe Hades Underworld has some great full set bonuses, but I can't see.

The Annihilus has increased maximum poison resistance, as above I think thats out of place. Also the 75%chance to raise diablo from a kill has lots of problems. First he is Very weak, almost no damage to anything beyond normal setting. Though since monsters attack him he's a good tank for those who need it. Unfortunetly the AI for diablo is messed, he attacks the player, doing no damage, but not actively attacking monsters. The worse part is he can cast his bone prison on you, and on hell setting its HARD to get out of, easily able to get you killed for something thats supposed to help you. So fix the AI if posible, scale his damage with either your level or the difficulty, and maybe lower the %chance to raise him for making him a bunch stronger.

The cube recipe for uniques doesn't work with amulets, not sure its supposed to but it doesn't. I havn't tried with rings but I asume its the same(not enouph room in my cube to check right now, lol).

The change to some skills doesn't work with synergies as well. Like putting sorceress fireskills on barb. Those skills still require synergies that part of each class has, ruining the skills full potential. Besides I liked fire sorceresses, heh.

The thorns aura that Last Rites full set gives doesn't stack with the fanatasism aura that Rift armor gives. But the fanatasism does stack with Thorns from something else (I've gotten rid of what ever item it was since I don't use it anymore).

Some of the higher lvl sets such as Apollos aura and Corruptions spiral seem too high for the meager bonuses they give. I know Apollos is Sazabi's but for lvl 73 and 72 respectfully, if you don't have something better by then, Especialy in this mod, then you need to stop and look for some items. Maybe make them all high 50's items or low 60's or put in some partial set bonuses and such to help make them usefull.

Did you set the max # of sockets for items, for the cube recipe? I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding it. For instance, sigons armor has 3 on normal yet has 4 on NM. IK armor has 3 on all settings, and all the unique mauls I've socketed had 6 on normal. Seems a bit strange to me, mostly because I wanted IK to have 4 sockets on hell realy bad, lol.

I hear your going to change the drop rates as well. I hope that change doesn't mean kill. Lower them a bit maybe but make them "normal" may not be a good idea. I rather enjoyed the quick leveling and item finding, since most people waste lots of time doing that. Since hell is such a challange its good to find and make your own items and try your luck at the big times without spending hours just to find an item or two you'd like to use. It IS a pain when one monster drops 3-5potions and other junk as well as some good stuff, you kill 10 of them and you can't even see the drops, so maybe lower drops might be good, but I hope you don't get rid of them, I think it adds nice flavor to the mod.

Some of the icons are the same, with my spellcasting druid I kept getting my spells mixed up since I couldn't tell them apart.

Thats about it for now, all I can think of. Wish there was more people to play with so I could try hell setting again, its just way to hard for me now even with my rather huge (by normal standards) damage. I'll post some ideas and such in the other thread, good work so far.

Oh yes, one more thing. Theres something wrong with my merc. He died at lvl 12 when I was 20ish. I got him back at lvl 60 or so and lvled him up to mid 40's without him dying, he was kickass, tons of HP, lots of damage from me and realy nice resistances. Then he finaly died when I started doing D and Uber D runs. I got him back and he has REALY low HP and resistances, the +per level stuff is good but the presets or something are bad. He reset to the presets of his level or something I would guess and now he can hardly survive anything with 300 health instead of 1.4k or whatever it was, theres a huge difference. He has -something in resistances when he had 75 in all for NM. Hopefully figure out what this is and get it fixed, if its just me or whatever, but I love my mercs.

More stuff coming to mind. Areats face has +max poison resist, seams out of place. I'm fairly sure one of my favorite armors was missing its best mod, the Guardian angel with its +all max resists. I tossed it already but I'm fairly sure it was missing them. Tiamats rebuke was missing its +elemental damage, its only semi usefull normal, missing its elemental damage makes it nearly useless. I'm a fan of Tiamat and seeing something of hers with bad mods is an Insult! :x An evil knight/ Tiamat set/group of uniques might apease the goddes though, ;)
Last edited by Orochi_Furor on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:06 am

Well there's a bunch for me to sink my teeth into lol.Nice work compiling all this stuff,I must hire you lol.
First off about the diablo re animate thing lol....Well that was more or less meant as a curse abject lol.I'm actually going to drop them in next version.Was just something I wanted to try out.No biggie just new stats next version.
About the names of stuff well I am getting asround to changing stuff more but most of what you see is a beginning,a foundation if you will for where to proceed from.So most of what is in my mod will change as time goes on, this is a mod in progress.
As for sets,well there are alot more to come,just happened these ones were more for a barb.Lol but have patience as there are numerous sets waiting to be thrown in.
Oha nd about the fireball,meteor on the barb ,well it synergies quite well on him btw.Most of what you see is like that for a reason.Such as everyone knows if you want to make the grizzly's life higher you need to have dire wolves as one of your skills.If the barb wears wolfhowl he gets dire wolves so this increases summon grizzly if he has it on an item.So the point is there are ways to synergize what you want,you just have to look for it.......
You want fireball on your sorc?Well for one thing find an item with it(there are some btw)The sorc already has fire mastery lol it will help it out anyways .Find an item with firebolt and meteor lol then you're synergized up.So think things through first and look around. ;)
The mods on items well....has to do with me trying out new stuff along the way.Things change this is probably one of them that will.But again some of the changes are for a reason ok.Some stuff just will not haVE what you like anymore,and that's just how it is.I think too many people relied on certain stuff,so with a little tweaking I think I took away some of the crutches.
Now as for hell being hard.Welll yup it is and I like it that way,probably make it harder too soon.I finished hell ,mind you it was tough lol.
So keep up this great feedback,totally what I need right now as I'm working through some rough spots in the mod right now and I'm getting mad lol.Some of what you have mentioned is simply getting dropped lol as I'm not in the modd to fix it lol.Oh and one thing I'm going to be putting a cow level wp in for fun.May stay may not but for 2.4 everyone can have fun with it.Or die there either way lol.
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:44 am

OK people I just noticed something.There are a few references to realm play and that is strictly unacceptable and not allowed.Ok all?!Unlike most of the moderators I will simply delete the posts which make references to that topic.If it's about ip/tcp games then by all means mention it and if it's for ip/tcp games to play well post in my other forum multi -player matchups.
Just a simple reminder to everyone out there.As I have to keep a clean forum as well ok?Thnx ahead of time to everyone for reading and following this rule.
have fun and keep it clean lol
nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:26 am

We'll say "online play" then, because it doesnt necessarily refer to the use of a "realm emulator" (This post is about online play. I do not intend to refer to realm play). In online play there is a problem with having 2 summons out at once, which many of us hope will be fixed.
Last edited by LordTemjin on Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:48 pm

Not in version 2.4 I'm afraid lol totally forgot this one heh heh.But I'll actually go and throw it in the beta version of 2.5 for now ok lol,just so I dnt forget it later on.Otherwise most of the stuff I wanted to have in is in and most of the fixes are done.
nuff said
Hades

Orochi_Furor

Post by Orochi_Furor » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:19 pm

Yes, sorry, forgot about the anti realm rules around here, this forum does look exacly like the one for {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} though, heh.
You can't say Online play, as you need certain tweeks and fixes for things to work on realms that will work normaly on TCIP/lan games, and as far as I know such fixes are done by both the mod creator and the realm oporator. I'll try and keep such feedback to the other forum though, so again, sorry.

To me its just that this game was Obviosly meant to be played online, so giving full feadback of how and where I play is just natural.

Lol, well its not like I'm realy doing anything now, plenty of freetime but other then ideas I have no talent at anything.

Almost every mod out there is a work in progress, heh, so I'm used to things changing.

I like that hells hard and all, I'd just like nightmare to be harder, instead of such a big jump in difficulty. My melee druid breezed through norm and hardly slowed at all in nightmare, just made a barb and so far he mows everything over up to act3 NM.

Also about what I found on hellslayer, I've found the same bug on some other items, Buriza most notably, the x/per level mod doesn't work, its turned into x/increases near dawn but always at 0.

I don't know if they are supposed to be this way, as the extra damage helps me out alot but carrion wind ring and the one that has oak sage on it both have +250%-350%ish extra damage. Kinda out of place on rings, but it Does help out a lot.

My friend just started up a poison javalin amazon, as he's interested in such a build for some reason, made one on bnet as well. Doesn't work there, and he's afraid it might not work here either. I havn't tried it but the skills duration keeps going up, and I think thats something that kills poison damage. Poison javalin gets up to like 12000 damage over 30 seconds or some junk like that. Even if you avarage a good amount of damage for your level, if you have a long duration your missing out on damage. Skills that use the other elements do their damage instantly every time you hit. I don't think poison damage stacks very well, so hitting poisoned monsters again isn't nearly as effective as other elements. The two skills also need more synergies, especialy in this mod with so many skill points.
Also Javazons are underpowered since they can't socket javalins. Not only can they not make runewords in their weapons, but they also can't use gems for +skills. Hopefully this can be changed, just like sockets are being implemented into gloves/boots.

Along the lines with the skills changed for different classes. Sure a barb has three spells that work of each other, but what about Fire golem? All its synergies are still necro spells.
I don't think the barb should have any of these fire skills. They don't work well with messed up synergies, though perhaps you could fix that, but they also don't fit the flavor. Barbarians are from the freezing mountins, so they should have cold skills if anything, harnesing the element of their homeland.

The cube recipe to make uniques doesn't always work, sometimes it will just generate rares. I've gone so far as to put 5 potions into a single item to finaly make it unique. Is it supposed to be this way? Not that getting minor healing potions is hard or anything, though you can only get them on normal, its a bit of a pain.
I tried to make ripsaw today, I put in at least 30 minor healing potions and just got rares, so I'm assuming theres no unique for that type of weapon?

When I started my barb I had a small problem with double swing. It goes from 2mana then 1mana, then 0, then -1 and so on. When it was at 0 it was still taking mana to use.

Havn't gotten the new version yet so can't test things out in that yet. The new patch file isn't hosted on Fileplanet. At least, theres no listed server for it, and I looked last night as well, over 12hours ago, still nothing.

EDIT: Stupid bastards. The downloads working now, 4min after my post, they just wanted me to look bad.
Last edited by Orochi_Furor on Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:08 pm

Well first for the realm thing well I'm just trying to keep my forum clean and with the guidelines heh heh.No prob's here bud I'mhapppy to be receiving so much informative feedback from you. ;) Awesome..
To the barb question about fire golem,well for one some of the synergies are meant for you to figure out how to synergize them yourself.To get more life for him etc,try getting clay golem as a skill from an item,or get say one of the peices of the new sets which have golem mastery on them.
So as you see there are numerous ways to synergize,you just have to step back and think a bit. ;)
As for the fire skill's wel I like em that way lol so not much chance of that changing lol.I do however agree with you about cold fitting better but...again I like it heh heh.There are items which have fire mastery to add to the synergizing aspect about the fire skills too.And if you look fireball,meteor,and firebolt all help each other.
Now about the unique recipe and set recipe,well just keep trying or make a new game and try again.Thing is it will work but depends if it dropped in the game etc.Also make sure to use right weapon or whatever you're trying to make,ripsaw is of course a flamberge so then it will make a ...ripsaw.Just use the right item thats all and it should work.As for making unique or set ammy's,ring's, well it takes a few tries as there are alot of em lol.
Lastly I think you will find most of the bugs are fixed in this version along with a bunch of new stuff to play around with...heh heh..
nuff said
Hades

Orochi_Furor

Post by Orochi_Furor » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:45 am

Hmmm. You know that, at least in normal diablo, synergies only work for actual skill points you put into the skill, right? So getting items with skills that synergize with skills you have doesn't do anything for you. So for fire golem it has no synergies, theres nothing you can do to change that. Tecnicaly Firemastery/golem mastery type skills arn't real synergies, they're just passive buffs. Synergies are the actual synergie system introduced in 1.10, just to clearify.

If you like the fire skills there then thats just fine, its your mod. I just don't think it works well. Unless you put some faster cast on barb items/runewords. Otherwise I have no reason to ever put points into those skills, you'll suck at them more then a sorce ever could, cast slower, and have much much lower Firemastery(if ever) then a sorce could. I do like that I've seen +% fire damage on some rather obvios barb equipment though, thats always good, specialy with all the conviction around.
I havn't run into any PI's yet so I don't know if they will even ever be enouph trouble to use fire skills on.

Yeah, someone else told me the same thing, I've actualy found ripsaw since then. But I didn't find it that game, at least not that I know of, but with piles and piles of junk on the ground who knows. Also didn't they get rid of the only one unique drops in a game thing in like 1.8 or 1.9? Maybe that was bnet only...

Can't realy say much more until the update to the new patch, since it may already be covered. Keep up the good work.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:14 am

Well just to also clarify I'm aware fire mastery and golem mastery are passive lol.But if you use inferno on the barb it will pump up the meteor and firebal etc.So yes you can get other things to work too and yes I tested it out myself along with my testers heh heh.When your meteor is doing about 16 000 damage and your fireball 10 000 you re doing alright. ;) But I didn't want them to be true spellcasters like the sorc or for it to be as powerful as the sorc using it lol.THAT was the whole point of it,so barbs had an extra range skill but it wasnt too overpowered lol and maybe they would waste precious clicks into it too lol.So as you see before arguing the point more,everything is as it is for a purpose.Secondly as for the grizzly ,having dire wolves from an item and yopu add more to the grizzlys life lol.Now thats a synergy.Having immolation then adding in fire arrow or whatever it is adds toi the immolation arrow.So there are ways to do it.
But the point is ,is that this is the way it is meantr to be so not all the new skills are as powerful as they could be if you know what i mean. ;)
As for the ripsaw thing well thats just for creating them actually they can drop more than once it's just the cube thing lol
Anywqays most of it isd fixed in 2.4 but not all lol...
nuff said
Hades

Nanaki

Post by Nanaki » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:42 am

I do not know it is a bug or not, but skill requirements for higher skills do not work. On lvl. 2 I was able put my points on nearly half of skills. Anyway, my congrats. to your work, it is really something. GOOD work. :)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:43 pm

Thnx for the compliments bud. ;) As for the skill points well they re meant to be that way but which guy are you using?
Glad to see you're enjoying it,hope you will like the total MPQ format of the next version2.6,when I'm done it.It should make installation easier for everyone and no more running in direct txt heh heh.
nuff said
Hades

Nanaki

Post by Nanaki » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:49 pm

I´m using ver. 2.5, and play as Paladin (Cavalier).

A-C-E
Paladin

Post by A-C-E » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:16 pm

there seems too be a fireball bug of some kind i got X to fireball with mavs set on my ama and then i was goona try a fireball but got (EDIT for content about not allowed topic)

(This has been edited as some of the topic was not allowed here)
Last edited by A-C-E on Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:01 pm

Well that I noticed before so it should be fixed now.As I have removed the fireball oskill in the recent verion in that set and some other's to try and correct it.But again you have to find a new version of it to see the changes ok?
nuff said
Hades

Bobucles

Post by Bobucles » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:44 pm

I'd just like to point out that while I'm new here, I do have some experience with the Hades:Underworld mod. So far, I've played as a barbarian, a sorceress, and am now doing a necromancer.
I don't think the barb should have any of these fire skills. They don't work well with messed up synergies, though perhaps you could fix that, but they also don't fit the flavor. Barbarians are from the freezing mountins, so they should have cold skills if anything, harnesing the element of their homeland.
I agree that the barb shouldn't have the long ranged fire skills. It just doesn't fit the barb that well, and the poor sorceress is left with fire skills that she can't use very well. But I don't think he should utilize the element of his homeland, so much as conquer it. I think that the barb should get the inferno line of skills, and the sorceress should get her ranged fire back. Why? The barb is made for roughing it up with the monsters. He gets close, and stays close for the entire fight. Direct fire damage isn't very useful, because the sword is a free alternative, and often more powerful. The sorceress is about running and gunning. She can't keep the battlefield steady for long enough to use her fire DOT(damage over time) abilities.

Just imagine the skills on a barbarian:
Inferno- a barbarian with fire breath. In the cold mountains, you've got to have a hot interior to stay warm. Inferno is a melee skill at heart, since you can't move while using it. It'd also be perfect against physical immunes. If you don't want to use berserk and be vulnerable, just cook them. Who wouldn't like a barbarian with a little bit of dragon in him? ;)

Fire wall- A concentration barbarian stays still and fortifies himself, while fending off the furious legions of hell. A firewall would work very well with this style of play. The barbarian smashes the ground, brings up a firery mess, and cooks the monsters around him while hacking away. If this could be made into a ring of fire sort of skill, all the better. Fire wall on a barbarian would be a "set it and forget it" kind of ability, something to use at the start of every fight. Meteor sort of does this, but the low cooking damage and tiny fires just can't compete with a good fire wall.

Blaze- The barbarian has such a powerful stride, that his footsteps set the ground afire. This would be a great thing to have, and it would be a sort of replacement for the run/walk speed skill of the original. Also, it would synergize perfectly with Whirlwind, and very well with Frenzy. Hacking and slashing through monsters with intense speed, while setting the ground afire? Sounds cool to me.

Now imagine them if they stayed on a sorceress:
Inferno- The sorceress stands still, and lets loose a firery breath. She immediately gets surrounded and dies. Almost impossible to use at hell difficulty.

Fire wall- The sorceress sets the fire wall, then teleports to stay on the run. She has to keep bouncing back and forth, so the monsters don't run off of the fire wall. Little damage is done. Also tricky to use.

Blaze- On hell difficulty, you gotta teleport to keep your distance. A sorceress won't be leaving any footsteps to set on fire, and you'll end up doing little damage. Quite tough to use.

Also, it would fix the synergy problems with the skills. The inferno line of spells has very few synergies to worry, while the direct fire damage skills really need to work together with fire mastery. It's not like the ranged fire skills were very useful to a barbarian, anyway. The only monsters a barb has to be ranged against are fire-enchanted monsters, since their explosion is very fatal, and they're immune to fire on hell difficulty.

I dunno about you, but I think the diamonds are far too powerful. Ever got a dual-wield set, and socketed it with full perfect diamonds? You can get up to %600 enhanced damage and +12 to barb skills on a weapon with diamonds, and I've gotten +16 skills with a good dual wield, which is way better than any runeword could ever hope to do. Other gems are much more reserved in their power, giving a small buff plus some skill bonuses. Maybe the enhanced damage could be toned down a little, and the weapon mastery skills could get a buff instead? Or maybe enhanced damage should be spread out more on gloves, boots, belts, etc., so it doesn't have to all come with the weapon? I guess you'll be changing the drops to limit the barb's access to godly equipment, which will help.

I tried playing a sorcey after the barb. The sorceress' strength seems to be pretty low by comparison. From what I've seen, unique rings and amulets can have some serious boosts to physical damage, including the psychadelic diamonds, while there is almost nothing to boost magic damage. I know that the buffs are possible- +% elemental damage and % resist penetrate do exist- it's just that they are so rare and very weak. It'd be a nice alternative to + to skills items, since + to skills will benefit everyone anyway.

Edit: The act V monsters seem to be out of sync with the difficulty in the other acts. It's really noticable because act V is more than twice as hard as Act II in a harder difficulty. The minions of destruction seem to be the reason for the imbalance.
Last edited by Bobucles on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bobucles

Post by Bobucles » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:28 am

Silly me, where are my manners? I play the hell out of this mod. Good work, and keep the project going! :D

Return to “Hades Underworld”