Back to Hellfire and PLUGY (reviving BTH)

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
hellnecrotom

Back to Hellfire and PLUGY (reviving BTH)

Post by hellnecrotom » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:07 pm

My friends, it's been so many years since we've last seen any activity in these parts of the world. Today we should put our hands together and make this mod great again.

First of all, I know that like 7 years ago, someone (a guy named Olanonymous) made PLUGY work with BTH by replacing the d2gfx.dll that the BTH.exe uses to execute the game. I will post his message here.

Olanonymous wrote:

"At first, sorry for my terrible english, my native language is russian, and I wrote this post using google translate.
By using WinHex, I was able to replace the file d2gfx.dll used by BTH.exe to a new, with the support Plugy. Also, I have made all necessary changes in plugy.ini. Archive with the hacked BTH.exe can be downloaded here: <deleted> (or download attachment) To install simply unzip the archive to the folder containing the mod."

Onyx closed the thread and removed his links but it is solid proof that BTH can be made to work with PLUGY. Does anyone know how to accomplish what he did? Can we use WinHex to do what he did? Or does someone still have his modified BTH.exe and files to make it work?

Let's help each other out and bring this mod back because it is awesome :) :D

Cheers, warriors!

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: Back to Hellfire and PLUGY (reviving BTH)

Post by prodigypm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Its awesome the way it is , its meant to be hard.Coming from a guy that critisised mods alot.The only thing missing was multiplayer (a golden guy did that long time ago) and its included in one pack I did before some time , It was hard for me to contact onyx , even when we speak the same language I dont know if you will get permission for such thing when it was denied by him in first place.

I wish you good luck , hope you succeed , everything done on old mods is a blessing to me too.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

hellnecrotom

Re: Back to Hellfire and PLUGY (reviving BTH)

Post by hellnecrotom » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:51 pm

I understand. I did manage to get the plugy to some degree with D2SE but as soon as I open the stash or hover over an extra button that it adds (such as the extra char windows), the game crashes. I am almost there but I have no idea how to proceed any further. It may be some tooltip thing but I am uncertain :(

Return to “Back to Hellfire”