Help! On Windows 7 and stuck with v1.12

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
geonaius

Help! On Windows 7 and stuck with v1.12

Post by geonaius » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 pm

First things first. Hi! Back to Hellfire really has me intrigued and I have spent all of the last two days attempting to get it working.

As the subject states, I am currently running Windows 7 and successfully run LOD vanilla without any issues. However, the physical CDs from a recent battlechest purchase have left me stranded with v1.12

I have done my research and tried replacing the game.exe with 1.09 and then attempt to patch, but afterwards it wont recognize the disc, a mounted image of the disc, or have anything to do with a no-cd function. I have looked at downloading a work around file posted in the only other thread I can find on these forums dealing with reverting 1.12, but the site seemed sketchy and I was not sure what file type it was even trying to make me download.

Is there anything else I can do? I crave D1 style with D2 functionality! I'm willing to even slog through windowed mode and no sounds!

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Re: Help! On Windows 7 and stuck with v1.12

Post by ChaosMarc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:08 am

geonaius

Post by geonaius » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm

themastercaster" wrote:this version-changer will help :)
http://www.chaosmarc.bplaced.net/index.php?lang=en
That's the website I mentioned before, you posted this in the other 1.12 thread. It just seems sketchy and the file names didn't seem right.

m00hkuh

Post by m00hkuh » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi,
geonaius" wrote:.. I was not sure what file type it was even trying to make me download
http://www.7-zip.org/

it's an compressed file.

It just contains an batch file (+ all the specific files from 1.07 till now).

If you dont trust it, download d2se from the filecenter.

When you installed it, navigate to the install folder\d2se\cores and copy all the dll files from the designated patch folder to your main diablo II directory.

But the Versionchanger from Chaosmarc is much more handy imho.

Greetz

Return to “Back to Hellfire”