is there a easier way to find spellbooks?

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
arkiostele

is there a easier way to find spellbooks?

Post by arkiostele » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 am

Hi ive been playing this mod for the past 24hours with one char and have found books for all chars except the warrior.WTF. imo the whole spellbook idea is great but the way it was done here is rediculos.It would be great if the book stands droped them aswell as tp and id tomes and scrolls.

I mean no skills at lv 13. Come on really?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 am

There is a recipe for the books you find - two random books produce one book for your character class.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

arkiostele

Re: is there a easier way to find spellbooks?

Post by arkiostele » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Thanks for that, and i take back what i said about the spell books although haveing them drop from the book stands would really help hint hint ;).

arkiostele

Post by arkiostele » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 am

Im also wondering if MF effects how often books drop? Also do books drop from barrels?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:04 am

[quote=arkiostele";p="412582"]Im also wondering if MF effects how often books drop? Also do books drop from barrels?[/quote]

MF have nothing to do with the chance of book to drop.

For MF to affect the chance it need to be in magic quality+ :)

and by the way. edit your post instead of post multiple replies in a row.

arkiostele

Post by arkiostele » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 am

Yeah srry bout posting multiple times this is actually was my first time posting soo...

Thx for clearing that up though.

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm

[quote=kingpin";p="412586"]
MF have nothing to do with the chance of book to drop.

For MF to affect the chance it need to be in magic quality+ :)
[/quote]

hmm last time i played the Mod books had blue Letters, wich means they are magicaly ans MF does work with Books. However i havent played the Mod lately but i dont think that Onyx changed it,did he?

And yes Books can drop from Barrels, chests, and so on. Best way to find Books is to look in places where are many Enemys or/and many klickable Containers.
Last edited by Seraph Uri-el on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arkiostele

Post by arkiostele » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Yeah ive been playing around with that and i found more books in areas that are not likely to drop books when i had high mf, and found them less when i had little to no mf in areas like chamber of bone. :turnevil: :snipersmile:

Seraph Uri-el
Paladin

Post by Seraph Uri-el » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 pm

But remember MF isnt everything.

try to balance MF and killspeed. If you hab 1 mion MF and kill one Monster every hour... isnt that good.
Killspeed>MF>Rest

Fish of Muu
Champion of the Light

Post by Fish of Muu » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Magic find does NOT work with books. Magic find does NOT effect what kind of item drops... all it does is increase the chances of a better magic quality on an item. All books are already magical, so it has no effect.

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Well, I'm not going to get in that argument again.

But there is a place in the game where you can get a book to drop from a book shelf. I guess he added it due to popular demand. That is the single most popular suggestion on this forum, besides maybe why they can't find skills for their character class. :D

I've often seen signs that Diablo is rigged to drop items that aren't for your character, just so you'd have to trade on battlenet (with the original D2 LOD). The odds were just a little too much against me too often to not consider that!

Valafax

Post by Valafax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:16 pm

and where is this bookshelf that drops a book?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 pm

I've often seen signs that Diablo is rigged to drop items that aren't for your character, just so you'd have to trade on battlenet (with the original D2 LOD). The odds were just a little too much against me too often to not consider that!
Code is just not done in that way. The code for tc rolls is pretty simple and doesn't have any special cases. It's just all about the semi-random factor (the way tc's is setup you will quite fast find a pattern that drops. but, this due to the way tc's is setup in groups).

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks for the insider information Kingpin.

Where is the bookdrop from a bookshelf? Been awhile since I played. If the shelf explodes and a book drops, just like if you were hitting a barrel, you'll know you're in the right place. I don't think it's guaranteed. I could be more specific but I don't feel like giving it away. :twisted:

Return to “Back to Hellfire”