Transfering items?

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Nephiros

Transfering items?

Post by Nephiros » Sat May 03, 2008 10:14 pm

Hey, started playing this mod recently cause I got bored of hellfire, and I found it surprisingly good. Got a level 23 Blood wizard and level 18 Bard at the moment.

I have a small problem, though. When finding good books for my other characters, for example, I'd rather give it to them instead of just wasting them to get another book.

So, is there any way I can transfer items between my characters if I'm alone? I'm pretty sure plugy isn't compatible with this, and I even tried opening BTH on another user (windows XP) and joining myself in tcp/ip, but the game crashes as soon as I start it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please.

EDIT: Another quick question, my lv23 bloodwizard just got in act 4 now, am I over/under leveled, because I seem to be leveling pretty slowly?
Last edited by Nephiros on Sat May 03, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irishforever

Re: Transfering items?

Post by irishforever » Sun May 04, 2008 5:49 am

you also have to copy diablo II folder I named mine Diablo II Copy and start 2nd game with that folder for the other user

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 am

Nephiros";p="386380" wrote: EDIT: Another quick question, my lv23 bloodwizard just got in act 4 now, am I over/under leveled, because I seem to be leveling pretty slowly?
You're greatly under leveled, you should be in Act 2 now ;)
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Nephiros

Post by Nephiros » Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks for the replies, guess I'll go through act 2 all over again to level up a little and act 3 after that.
irishforever";p="386413" wrote: you also have to copy diablo II folder I named mine Diablo II Copy and start 2nd game with that folder for the other user
Seems like a good idea, I've tried it and I can start up the game fine at least. When I try to join my tcp/ip game though, I get the error:

Expression: Socket

My other user is set on administrator as well, btw, and I don't really have any idea how to fix that, probably something to do with my connection or ethernet drivers or something. Thanks, still.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Nephiros, this seems to just be an issue with Vista and the way it interacts with the mod files themselves. As of this moment, there is not a fix for it, but one is being sought out.
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Nephiros

Post by Nephiros » Sun May 04, 2008 5:17 pm

I have XP, though. Professional.

irishforever

Post by irishforever » Mon May 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Are you using ICS or a router, mine works fine thru a router

Return to “Back to Hellfire”