Back to Hellfire v1.00/v1.02 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
usu

Re: Back to Hellfire v1.00 Bugs/Feedback Thread

Post by usu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:45 pm

i just had it one more time, when playing with a new (lvl3) blood mage.
0 skill books, nearly no equipment, the only thing that he had, and the other one too, was a blood mage cape.

just a sec, ill look for the log and edit it here.

@ ok, since its really huge, posting it here wouldnt be the fine british way.
ill better pm it to you.
Last edited by usu on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Certus amor morum est; formam populabitur aetas.
-Ovid

Evilpanda
Paladin

Post by Evilpanda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:46 pm

just downloaded 1.00 yesterday, and my monk has got to the caves- getting harder as i go along, the new dungeon graphics and D1 music give it a spookier feel too, much more fun :D ... just a few suggestions/probs;

1. going to dungeon lvl 1 and finding a mob of plague crawlers with a lvl 1 character- they hurt too much and can't be hit enough, so very likely to die without getting any hits on them.

2. magma demons missile does a bit too much damage and i can stand just out of range of the attack and shoot them without fear of being hit, i would suggest giving them a bit more range and a little bit less damage.

3. i still get a socket error when trying multiplayer, it is 64 bit windows doing it if anyone wonders why.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:25 pm

[quote=usu";p="374497"]
i just had it one more time, when playing with a new (lvl3) blood mage.
0 skill books, nearly no equipment, the only thing that he had, and the other one too, was a blood mage cape.

just a sec, ill look for the log and edit it here.

@ ok, since its really huge, posting it here wouldnt be the fine british way.
ill better pm it to you.
[/quote]

I checked your log and I couldn't find anything interesting in it... But if it happened for the second time, seems there is a problem indeed. I'll repeat, dying and retieving corpse works fine on my end. Let's wait and see if anyone else is having the problem. Can you try the same thing with other characters? Let's say Monk and Rogue.

[quote=Evilpanda";p="374498"]
1. going to dungeon lvl 1 and finding a mob of plague crawlers with a lvl 1 character- they hurt too much and can't be hit enough, so very likely to die without getting any hits on them.
[/quote]

You have skills ;) Sweep is likely to take them out really fast. Just watch your back and be carefull so you don't get surrounded ;)

2. magma demons missile does a bit too much damage and i can stand just out of range of the attack and shoot them without fear of being hit, i would suggest giving them a bit more range and a little bit less damage.
[/quote]

Noted.

3. i still get a socket error when trying multiplayer, it is 64 bit windows doing it if anyone wonders why.
[/quote]

Ah, that explains it. I don't have a 64-bit Windows to try on, though.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

usu

Post by usu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:40 pm

uhm

chars i died with, saved&exited and (tried) to loot the corpse:

2 monks, no special equipment, no crash.
1 rogue, still no special equipment, no crash.
1 blood wizard, no special equipment, no crash.

BUT

2 blood wizards, both had a blood-wizard specific cape on with life automod (dunno if it spawns everytime), lots of tries and all of them endet up in a crash.

@3 blood wizards now.
Last edited by usu on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ovid

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Just tried on my end with a Blood Wizard with a Cape with +Life on it, worked flawlessly. Anyone else can confirm/deny that?
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

CorniI
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by CorniI » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:28 pm

I ripped one time with lvl18 @andy with a blood mage, 32bit xp media without problems
Linux is like a Wigwam - NO Windows, no Gates and Apache inside

rasty

Post by rasty » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:30 pm

This bug made me laught.You can cast town portal in town and pass through them as much as you want.
http://pix.a-l.fr/p/a8/c8/a4ece53eb21aa ... c1c3da.jpg
http://pix.a-l.fr/p/26/4e/ba5f61204b015 ... 2b63f7.jpg
Last edited by rasty on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evilpanda
Paladin

Post by Evilpanda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Just tried on my end with a Blood Wizard with a Cape with +Life on it, worked flawlessly. Anyone else can confirm/deny that?
found my blood mage a cape, died, save exit, character does not load up again- just has the load screen with no bar filling at the bottom. i have to ctrl-alt-del to exit D2 :(
i have 64bit windows, if Usu does also, it is 64bit doing it...probably

Haynen

Post by Haynen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Very impressive improvements on the beta. It's amazing what a talented modder can do. Its like you ported over the church levels and added two of the actual classes with modded skill lists. It brings back memories

A boss pack still spawns on level 1. I'm not sure if you want that to occur or not, considering I thought I heard you say you didn't want that

Plague Eaters don’t do enough damage. In Diablo 1 they hit pretty hard and were targets you wanted to kill fast. In BTH, they aren’t really a big deal

The butcher from Diablo 1 took a long time to kill for low leveled characters, the one in BTH (at least on normal) dies pretty quickly from a ~lvl 10 character. It took nowhere near as many lvl 3 punishers as it did lvl 3-4 D1 firebolts (I used the rogue as bait and without even healing the rogue the butcher died before the rogue’s health meter went into red). You might want to raise the Butcher’s hit points and perhaps damage to give the butcher more of a danger.

You might want to beef up the Illusion weavers in the hall of the blind quest. The rogue merc decimates them pretty much as they appear, and well at least the blood mage has no problems whatsoever in walking into an Illusion weaver trap

In Diablo 1 Leoric was pretty fast and can get you pretty quickly, in BTH he doesn’t rush you and is slowed to a crawl when chilled.

The defensive merc never used the salvation aura before level 20, I don't know if that was by design or not. The merc also does not recieve the resistance bonus from the salvation aura. The Act 2 mercs also die really quickly, I’m basically trying to tank for my merc to keep him alive longer

Tanking Ability Analysis of Bloodmage as of Act 2:
Relevant Magic Item Modifiers: -5 Vitality, -10 Life, -14% Run/Walk Speed, -13% Faster Hit Recovery, -5% resist all
Act 1 Ranged Attackers: Can stand in place being hit by ranged attacks while spamming punisher until attackers die
Act 1 Melee Attacks while Not surrounded: Can stand there spamming punisher until they die. Stunning attacks of overlords/mud men are a minor set back
Act 1 Melee While being surrounded pre caves: See entry above
Act 1 Melee While being surrounded in caves: Can survive if 1-3 small health potions are used. This does not work if the monster pack has a cold enhanced boss.
Act 2 Can pretty much stand there taking ranged attacks while spamming punisher until enemies die. Spider lord enemies can be tanked. Octoslayers and Grim Lords really can't be tanked. Penetrators can be tanked. 1 or 2 shredder class enemies can be tanked. Tanking groups of shredder class enemies is suicidal

When you get a chance the website could use some sort of documentation on monster levels. Even if it is an area and monster level ranged it would be useful for people trying to keep within 5 levels of the monsters
Last edited by Haynen on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

biobaba
Champion of the Light

Post by biobaba » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:10 am

humm not sure if it is a signifcant bug or not but the colore of Carver seem to be changing around.... when they walk.. they appears to be blue but as they attack they would turn red like fallens

here's the pic

album_page.php?pic_id=2737

EDIT:
album_page.php?pic_id=2738

:arrow: stoneskin + Physical immunity in normal level seem to be a bit extrem

:arrow: I found a pack of Stalker (with unique) just stood there and doing nothing when I encountered them
Last edited by biobaba on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 am

[quote=rasty";p="374520"]
This bug made me laught.You can cast town portal in town and pass through them as much as you want.
http://pix.a-l.fr/p/26/4e/ba5f61204b015 ... 2b63f7.jpg
[/quote]

:rotf: I don't know how you did this, but it's hilarious. Maybe it has to do with 64-bit Windows again, as I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.

[quote=Evilpanda";p="374524"]
found my blood mage a cape, died, save exit, character does not load up again- just has the load screen with no bar filling at the bottom. i have to ctrl-alt-del to exit D2 :(
i have 64bit windows, if Usu does also, it is 64bit doing it...probably
[/quote]

Ok, everyone who uses a 64-bit Windows: I need confirmation that the Blood Wizard will not load each time he dies with a Cape equipped, and will load each time he dies without a Cape equipped. I might need to release a patch which removes the Capes if this is the case :( I'll start a thread dealing specifically with problems on 64-bit Windows, let's keep the discussion there.

[quote=Haynen";p="374533"]
A boss pack still spawns on level 1. I'm not sure if you want that to occur or not, considering I thought I heard you say you didn't want that
[/quote]

It happens sometimes, but not very often. In order to fix this, I need to go through each and every piece of map, used for generating the Church levels (which I might do at some point, just not now).

Plague Eaters don’t do enough damage. In Diablo 1 they hit pretty hard and were targets you wanted to kill fast. In BTH, they aren’t really a big deal
[/quote]

Just a few posts above, someone was complaining they were too strong... :roll:

The butcher from Diablo 1 took a long time to kill for low leveled characters, the one in BTH (at least on normal) dies pretty quickly from a ~lvl 10 character. It took nowhere near as many lvl 3 punishers as it did lvl 3-4 D1 firebolts (I used the rogue as bait and without even healing the rogue the butcher died before the rogue’s health meter went into red). You might want to raise the Butcher’s hit points and perhaps damage to give the butcher more of a danger.
[/quote]

It all depends on your character class and what skills you're using. In fact, the Butcher is one of the most dangerous bosses in Act 1, compared to the level of your character when you reach him. Level 10 is quite high for that point, that's why you could kill him easily. It's kind of like in D1, people didn't kill the Butcher first time they reach the room (unless they used one of the parking methods), but levelled up and then returned to fight him.

You might want to beef up the Illusion weavers in the hall of the blind quest. The rogue merc decimates them pretty much as they appear, and well at least the blood mage has no problems whatsoever in walking into an Illusion weaver trap
[/quote]

The Blood Wizard starts off pretty strong, due to his high Vitality and high damage skills. But don't forget there are other character classes, and you need to be able to go there and survive with a Bard too ;)

In Diablo 1 Leoric was pretty fast and can get you pretty quickly, in BTH he doesn’t rush you and is slowed to a crawl when chilled.
[/quote]

Sadly, Diablo 2 lacks a good AI for a King Leoric monster. He's way improved from what he used to be, but I think this is the best I could do. Of course, I'll consider speeding him up a bit.

The defensive merc never used the salvation aura before level 20, I don't know if that was by design or not.
[/quote]

Intended. Same thing with Cold Rogue, she won't get Cold Arrow until level 6.

Tanking Ability Analysis of Bloodmage as of Act 2:
Relevant Magic Item Modifiers: -5 Vitality, -10 Life, -14% Run/Walk Speed, -13% Faster Hit Recovery, -5% resist all
Act 1 Ranged Attackers: Can stand in place being hit by ranged attacks while spamming punisher until attackers die
Act 1 Melee Attacks while Not surrounded: Can stand there spamming punisher until they die. Stunning attacks of overlords/mud men are a minor set back
Act 1 Melee While being surrounded pre caves: See entry above
Act 1 Melee While being surrounded in caves: Can survive if 1-3 small health potions are used. This does not work if the monster pack has a cold enhanced boss.
Act 2 Can pretty much stand there taking ranged attacks while spamming punisher until enemies die. Spider lord enemies can be tanked. Octoslayers and Grim Lords really can't be tanked. Penetrators can be tanked. 1 or 2 shredder class enemies can be tanked. Tanking groups of shredder class enemies is suicidal
[/quote]

As I said, this is all due Blood Wizard's high Vitality. And as you can see, tanking will not be possible forever - you're already having problems with some monsters ;) There is no way to balance that, unless I reduce the character's Vitality, but this would make him unable to cast enough...

When you get a chance the website could use some sort of documentation on monster levels. Even if it is an area and monster level ranged it would be useful for people trying to keep within 5 levels of the monsters
[/quote]

Well, it's a lot of work to do, so don't expect it anytime soon. The rough chart for Normal looks like this:

Act 1 completed at level 20
Act 2 completed at level 30
Act 3 completed at level 37
Act 4 completed at level 40
Act 5 completed at level 45

[quote=biobaba";p="374569"]
humm not sure if it is a signifcant bug or not but the colore of Carver seem to be changing around.... when they walk.. they appears to be blue but as they attack they would turn red like fallens

here's the pic

album_page.php?pic_id=2737
[/quote]

Never seen them do that, I need to test more.

EDIT:
album_page.php?pic_id=2738

:arrow: stoneskin + Physical immunity in normal level seem to be a bit extrem
[/quote]

I'll reduce physical resistance for bats on Normal.

:arrow: I found a pack of Stalker (with unique) just stood there and doing nothing when I encountered them
[/quote]

Yes, I've seen them do that several times too. Cause is unknown.
ONYX

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:13 pm

I just started playing now with a hardcore barb and it's pretty sweet. Really nice work :D.

About the water supply quest, i know it says that the reward is not given; but, just out of curiosity, what was the reward?

And another thing, i cannot find anything about the runewords.
Last edited by Hygiliak on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death is not an option!

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:18 pm

What was the reward for Den of Evil in vanilla? Answer that question and you'll know why there is no reward in the mod ;)
ONYX

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:25 pm

I know skill points have nothing to do with BTH and that's why no skill points area awarded. I just thought there will be a different reward.
Death is not an option!

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Not really a problem or concern, but I'm curious to why some item modifiers have a space above them:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7584/ss2ws7.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7050/ss1kj5.jpg

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:48 pm

This blank like appears when items spawn without a character class skill bonus. It has been like that in the Betas too.
ONYX

rasty

Post by rasty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:51 pm

[quote=rasty";p="374520"]This bug made me laught.You can cast town portal in town and pass through them as much as you want.
http://pix.a-l.fr/p/26/4e/ba5f61204b015 ... 2b63f7.jpg[/quote]
I done this when trading with griswold-I accidentally clicked the tome of town portal and it appeared.
PS-I'm with 64-bit OS and I can comfirm 2 bugs:the socket error when hosting Lan and the Blood Wizard cape bug.[/b]

biobaba
Champion of the Light

Post by biobaba » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:09 am

A question about staff class weapons....
Do Enhanced damage or + attack modification ever appear on staff weapons at all? I have not encountered a single staff that has +damage or +attack yet

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:06 am

Where can I find any information about runewords.
Death is not an option!

AdiTT
Senior Moderator
Angel
Bulgaria

Post by AdiTT » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 am

Hygiliak";p="374721" wrote:Where can I find any information about runewords.
They were discussed here.

In short: you need to explore to find out ;)
Terms Of Service - Written for a reason.
D2 MOD player wrote:Sure you can exploit the game. But are you sure the game isn't exploiting you?

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:12 pm

biobaba";p="374674" wrote: A question about staff class weapons....
Do Enhanced damage or + attack modification ever appear on staff weapons at all? I have not encountered a single staff that has +damage or +attack yet
Hm, looking at the files and the answer is no :( I guess I missed this detail. Thanks for the report.
ONYX

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 pm

well, I started a blood wizard yesterday, got him to lvl 8 and dungeon 4, figured I would take on Butcher and see if I could take him. Almost got him, but, he got me first. So, I stopped playing last night and was going to start him up again today and go for it again...that was the plan at least. I select Deady, it goes to the loading screen, and hangs there...no progress in the bar, nothing. Here is my log...

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------
MALACHAI-PC Realm startup at 2008-01-30 09:30:20.305
---------------------------------------------------------------
09:30:20.305  ------------------------------------------------------
09:30:20.305  2008-01-30 09:30:20
09:30:20.305  Diablo II running under Windows 2000 (Version 6.000)
09:30:20.305  Vendor:  Intel
09:30:20.305  Version: Pentium III (no brand) (Type 0, Family 6, Model F, Stepping D, Brand 0)
09:30:20.314  Speed: Approx. 1596 MHz
09:30:20.314  Total Physical Memory: 1013.81MB
09:30:20.314  Application Path: C:\Games\Diablo II
09:30:20.333  Local IP: 192.168.2.4
09:30:20.333  Computer name: MALACHAI-PC
09:30:20.333  ------------------------------------------------------
09:30:20.333  
09:30:20.333  imagehlp.dll loaded for better stack crawls.
09:30:20.378  Detecting boards which support Direct3D...
09:30:20.378  Initializing for Direct3D on Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
09:30:20.641  	Driver: igdumd32.dll
09:30:20.641  	Version: 0.0.0.0
09:30:20.641  	Supports AGP texturing: No
09:30:20.641  	Supports mipmaps: Yes
09:30:20.641  	Supports gamma control: No
09:30:20.641  	Supports gamma calibration: No
09:30:20.641  	Supports 32 Bit Cutscenes: Yes
09:30:20.641  	Supports 24 Bit Cutscenes: No
09:30:20.642  
----------------------------------------------

09:30:20.663  
09:30:20.663  D2Mod System V1.03 - Initializing ...
09:30:20.663  --------------------------
09:30:20.671  D2DllInit Complete
09:30:20.671  Checking for BTH.mpq
09:30:20.685  BTH.mpq Loaded
09:30:20.685  Checking for BTHPatch.mpq
09:30:20.688  BTHPatch.mpq Not found
09:30:20.696  Loading plugins from C:\Users\Malachai\AppData\Local\Temp\xyzA300.tmp
09:30:20.697  Loading CharStart ...
09:30:20.718  Ok
09:30:20.719  Loading Portal ...
09:30:20.735  Ok
09:30:20.735  Loading NewTxt ...
09:30:20.753  Ok
09:30:20.753  Loading NoLvlTgr ...
09:30:20.772  Ok
09:30:20.772  Loading SpellBook ...
09:30:20.788  Ok
09:30:20.789  Loading A5Qx ...
09:30:20.803  Ok
09:30:20.803  Loading MercMod ...
09:30:20.819  Ok
09:30:20.820  Loading CustomTbl ...
09:30:20.873  Ok
09:30:20.874  Loading ExtLvl ...
09:30:20.890  Ok
09:30:20.890  Loading BOL ...
09:30:20.908  Ok
09:30:20.909  Loading QDrop ...
09:30:20.927  Plugin: QDrop 0.12b loaded
09:30:20.927  rewards: r01 r02 r03 r04 r05 r06 r07 r08 r09 r10 r11 r12 r13 r14 r15 r16 r17 r18 r19 r20 r21 r22 r15 r16 r17 r18 r19 r20 r21 r22 r23 r24 r25 gpv gpr gpb gpy gpg gpw skz gzv glr glb gly glg glw skl gsv gsr gsb gsy gsg gsw sku 
09:30:20.927  Ok
09:30:20.927  Loading MagicTwn ...
09:30:20.943  Ok
09:30:20.943  Loading NullStat ...
09:30:20.959  Ok
09:30:20.959  Loading CubeOps ...
09:30:20.977  Ok
09:30:20.978  Loading Utility ...
09:30:21.003  Ok
09:30:21.003  --------------------------
09:30:21.003  D2Mod Init Complete
09:30:21.003  

09:30:21.019  Opening Direct3D window at 640x480...
09:30:22.584  		Texture Memory Total= 251.215 MB, Free= 250.043 MB
09:30:22.584  			Local Total= 128.000 MB, Free= 126.828 MB
09:30:22.584  			Does not support texturing from AGP memory.
09:30:23.108  Opening Direct3D window succeeded.
09:30:23.112  Low End Machine: FALSE
09:30:23.112  D2CMPSpriteCacheInit: 512000
09:30:23.112  

09:30:23.112  Initializing sound engine...
09:30:23.140  	Driver: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)
09:30:23.140  	Module: {0.0.0.00000000}.{b1b09d7d-4b5d-4a66-8ec5-176d9a41144b}
09:30:23.168  ........DirectSound progress: 0 buffers available is less than min needed 16 buffers for 3d sound
09:30:23.193  ........DirectSound progress: 0 buffers available is less than min needed 16 buffers for 3d sound
09:30:23.237  

09:30:23.958  Closing Direct3D window....
09:30:25.333  ... Direct3D window closed.
09:30:25.333  Opening Direct3D window at 800x600...
09:30:26.469  		Texture Memory Total= 251.215 MB, Free= 249.384 MB
09:30:26.469  			Local Total= 128.000 MB, Free= 126.169 MB
09:30:26.469  			Does not support texturing from AGP memory.
09:30:26.534  Opening Direct3D window succeeded.
09:30:26.643  Low End Machine: FALSE
09:30:26.643  D2CMPSpriteCacheInit: 512000
09:30:26.685  Closing Direct3D window....
09:30:27.171  ... Direct3D window closed.
09:30:27.171  Opening Direct3D window at 640x480 at 32 bit for cutscenes...
09:30:28.521  Opening Direct3D window for cutscenes succeeded.
09:30:28.521  In Direct3DPlayCutscene
09:30:28.522  About to play bink file
09:30:30.064  In Direct3DPlayCutscene
09:30:30.065  About to play bink file
09:30:30.976  Closing Direct3D window....
09:30:30.976  ... Direct3D window closed.
09:30:30.976  Opening Direct3D window at 800x600...
09:30:32.088  		Texture Memory Total= 251.215 MB, Free= 249.384 MB
09:30:32.088  			Local Total= 128.000 MB, Free= 126.169 MB
09:30:32.088  			Does not support texturing from AGP memory.
09:30:32.162  Opening Direct3D window succeeded.
09:30:32.165  Low End Machine: FALSE
09:30:32.165  D2CMPSpriteCacheInit: 512000
09:30:33.454  Duplicate code index 'hpo'
09:30:34.890  ENG is locale

09:30:34.918  Duplicate code index 'hpo'
09:30:35.035  Duplicate string index 'azurewrath'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'rainbow facet'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'lightsabre'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'doombringer'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'hellslayer'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'messerschmidt's reaver'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'baranar's star'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'schaefer's hammer'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'arkaine's valor'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'blackoak shield'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'stormshield'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'constricting ring'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'eaglehorn'
09:30:35.038  Duplicate string index 'windforce'
09:30:35.039  Duplicate string index 'harlequin crest'
09:30:35.039  Duplicate string index 'veil of steel'
09:30:35.040  Duplicate string index ''
09:30:35.085  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:11  Item:1)

09:30:35.194  "I   "
09:30:35.194  "Ice "
09:30:35.194  "Ici "
09:30:35.194  "I   "
09:30:35.194  "Ice "
09:30:35.194  "Ici "
09:30:35.194  info: 28
09:30:35.194  maxQ: 0; diff: 0
09:30:35.194  ptDiff: 0
09:30:35.194  Match: Diff (0)
09:30:35.194  Not match: Diff (0)
09:30:35.194  Match: Diff (1)
09:30:35.194  Not match: Diff (0)
09:30:35.194  Not match: Diff (1)
09:30:35.194  Match: Diff (2)
09:30:35.194  new hellforge rewards: vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog vog gpv gpr gpb gpy gpg gpw skz gzv gzv glb gly glg glw skl gsv gsr gsb gsy gsg gsw sku 
09:30:35.194  new Andariel rewards: gcv gcr gcb gcy gcg gcw skc gsv gsr gsb gsy gsg gsw sku 

09:30:35.195  [D2CLIENT]  Start entering at 499047338

09:30:35.220  Closing Direct3D window....
09:30:35.366  ... Direct3D window closed.
09:30:35.366  Opening Direct3D window at 800x600...
09:30:35.396  		Texture Memory Total= 251.215 MB, Free= 249.384 MB
09:30:35.396  			Local Total= 128.000 MB, Free= 126.169 MB
09:30:35.396  			Does not support texturing from AGP memory.
09:30:35.649  Opening Direct3D window succeeded.
09:30:35.651  Low End Machine: FALSE
09:30:35.651  D2CMPSpriteCacheInit: 512000
09:30:35.709  Sound Cache Size: 5MB
09:30:35.709  Tile Cache Size: 6MB
09:30:35.709  Sprite Cache Size: 64MB
09:30:35.709  Low End Machine: FALSE
09:30:35.709  D2CMPSpriteCacheInit: 512000
09:30:35.710  [D2CLIENT]  Finish entering at 499047853.  Elapsed: 515
Ran it the way I always do from the bth.exe...running on a 32-bit system, Vista Home Premium.

Any ideas?

Mal
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Ok, just great. So the Blood Wizard problems isn't 64-bit specific... I wonder why I can't reproduce it :( Anyway, as soon as I identify the problem I'll release a patch to fix it.
ONYX

usu

Post by usu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:47 pm

i started a new blood wizard yesterday. (i really like this char... everybody said hell wont be easy for him, but ill try to get there kihl big d and try the goat lvl)
i got him to lvl 30 some minutes ago (killed andy at lvl ~13, made chamber of bones till lvl 21, lootet & killed nearly everything on my way there... so i ended up with, for example, lvl 10 blood boil and blink. after that i went for a2, it was kind of easy. doing duriel himself with the usual laming tactics always works.) and i wanted to try out the blood wave thingie, since it seems to be really promising.
i wanted to ask if there are any special areas where i can find lvl ~30 skill books.
i got lots of low-lvl-books when doing chamber of bones runs. when i later tried to get higher-req-lvl-skill-books with bling-bling chests in other areas (horazons..), i failed.
are there any special areas for it?
and, if i cube books, will the output books skill req lvl depent on the ilvl of the books or on my clvl?

and, when i lvld from ~26-30, i made lots of different runs for drops and xp (yes, i really want to be prepared for everything later. i absolutely like this mod, and i want to be in the hof as the first one to ROFLPWNZOR big d in hell with a blood wizard :twisted: ), and i got lots of uniques i cant use.
i think i found like 6 different unique swords when running lazarus (the end guy in a3). what should i do with them? are there/will there be any cube receipes to make other usefull stuff out of uniques i cant use?
1: i dont really want to mule them, id have to install plugy or the thing you can run d2 2 times with (modified d2gfx, so no, i will never use something like d2 loader).
2: it would make starting boring (at least if you have some nice low lvl stuff).

thanks in advance for any help, im sorry if im asking too much things, but as i already mentioned, i want to be prepared for everything later.
-Ovid

Haynen

Post by Haynen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:49 am

Ok, just great. So the Blood Wizard problems isn't 64-bit specific... I wonder why I can't reproduce it icon_sad.gif Anyway, as soon as I identify the problem I'll release a patch to fix it
Out of curiosity is everyone getting this blood wizard bug using Windows Vista? Malachai29 said he was using Vista 32 bit. If the 64 bit users are using Vista as well, maybe they are related

I'm using 32 bit XP and have no problems with the blood wizard

I'm just throwing the idea out there, it could be completely wrong

Return to “Back to Hellfire”