Some Comments

Information and updates for The Hordes of Chaos mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Darque, Yohann, afj666

No votes

Total votes: 0

Sunhelm

Some Comments

Post by Sunhelm » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:57 am

Want to start off by saying I love this mod. It's nice to have something new to play on the diablo set-up. (Which is, incidentally, one of my favorite game designs.)

These are just my first impressions of the mod after playing through the first act. Not sure if anyone is still working on this .. most of the posts on the board seem to be from 2006.. so..

Anyway.

Speeches
Someone needs to proof read the speeches. (I'm playing with the npc speech turned off because the speech is different from the text.) But some of the speeches still have words from the original game. Also, (again, only noticed things in the first act so far) one of the speeches (can't remember her name, but the elven rogue that you can hire people from) her second speech about lore has some kind of glitch. It breaks frame and starts babbling about something unrelated to her speech.

Portals
I honestly wish you'd kept the portal graphic from the original game. It was smoother and prettier, and this one is rather glitchy (when it first opens it's discolored, and it opens in the wrong place at first and jumps to the original location). But I guess you can fix that with the next version.

Potions
Why did you switch and make healing potions blue and mana potions red? Very confusing and annoying in quick-thinking situations. Especially since the Elven Healing Wine is still red. Also, in regards to potions, I think you need another higher healing potion somewhere between Healing Potion and Greater healing potion. Either that or adjust the drops. The healing potion isn't nearly effective enough for how much damage is being caused by the enemy. I have to chug 3 or 4 of them just to stay alive in a hard fight.

Waypoints/plot
Kind of confusing that the way point to the area where the final boss of act 1 is only halfway down the list. Made the quests of the first act confusing and round-about, because I ended up beating the major boss, and then having to finish the other side quests. Not a big deal given the open-endedness of the game, but just something I noticed.

---------

I'll add more to this as I keep playing. Not sure if anyone from the creation team is around anymore.. but here it is anyway.

Return to “The Hordes of Chaos”