Major Problem...

Information and updates for the Chaos Empire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
Obliviator

Major Problem...

Post by Obliviator » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:04 am

Well I typed out a whole page explaining my problem earlier before my browser along with Diablo suddenly just disappeared. The only thing I can think of it's the anticheat system... does it detect alt-tabbing and counts it as cheating or what? That's just crazy.

But anyways, my stash does not work anymore. The buttons disappear (just black squares) and I can only access one page. I've posted about this on your other forums, and never got a fix for it, besides erasing my stash completely and starting over. That's unacceptable. Not to mention after the stash goes away, during single player launch I get "Bad Header" and cannot go in, and multiplayer launch I get "Generic Bad File" or something like that. This happens _everytime_ I start up a _second_ game. The first launch everything works perfect, after that it goes to {filtered}. So what's going on?

I have tried with a fresh, brand new install, still the same crap. What I'm thinking is, PlugY is crapping out, or not saving the stash correctly, or something with the TCP/IP option for multiplayer is seriously screwing up the game, or both.

I've only seen one mention of the Bad Header error on your other forums, didn't help in the slightest as it was all in German. I've seen no mention of this stash error anywhere. Is the 755 download on this site outdated or beta or what? If that's the case, please give me a link to where it's not beta or outdated.

EDIT: I have tracked down the problem 100%. It's purely the stash. It's somehow getting corrupt all the time, and I have not a clue as to why. All the error messages I was getting, Bad Header and such, went away as soon as I renamed the _LOD_ChaosEmpireTradeStash.sss file. Now the question is... why is the PlugY stash expansion messing up? That's twice now that I've lost everything in my stash. The file being 0 bytes is obviously screwed and holds no items seeing as the brand new stash file is 17 bytes. I'm not liking this "no stash" thing. Please, Please help me with this.
Last edited by Obliviator on Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Obliviator

Re: Major Problem...

Post by Obliviator » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:35 am

Alright, seeing as I'm getting a bunch of views for this thread and no answers, I'm going to try and install a seperate version of PlugY and see if it corrects it.

EDIT: So much for that idea... keeps saying corrupt .dll. You have some kind of detection against changing the PlugY version, which is crap because the one your using is faulty. It cannot be due to a connection issue because were on a LAN. That's about as best a connection were going to get. If it's crapping out over that... then it's obviously a faulty version of PlugY. Come on Chaos, help me out here, it is your MOD after all...
Last edited by Obliviator on Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

momdolphin

Post by momdolphin » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:29 am

my husband is having the same problem on his pc but im not whats up with this

tigger33

Post by tigger33 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:34 am

I was getting the "missing/corupt" DLL file error as well, mostly when I install. What I found is that if find the DLL that it says is corupt and remove it from the folder and then place it back in, it seems to work for me. Hope that helps somewhat. If that doesn't work, drop me a line, I have some other ideas.

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:49 am

It's a problem of the version 5.03 in multiplayer, it's fixed (partially at least) in PlugY 5.04.
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

Obliviator

Post by Obliviator » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:55 pm

Great news Yohann! Thanks :)

ChaosEnergy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by ChaosEnergy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:11 pm

and 504 is available for ce as update pack for 755 version

http://chaosempire.net/download/756upd.zip
Chaos Empire Net
chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.net
Chaos Empire ® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler
Copyright by Hans-Jürgen Ohler (aka ChaosEnergy)2003 - 2015

prj57

Post by prj57 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:25 pm

HI guys, was the server down for the last 4-5 days or what?

Anyway, downloaded the new 755 and followed everything as stated in the readme.... Installed and went to test Single Player, my old charecter works just fine, and got alot of new things from gamble. Then installed the mod on Raynor's PC and made a multiplayer game.....everything was fine untill he wanted to go out out of the game.

I was the host and the game trew me out giving an error and when restarted no more singleplayer was possible, even if a new charecter is created. Did a fresh instal of the whole Diablo - OK, but then the same happened.

Its giving me: UNABLE TO ENTER GAME, BAD HEADER

I have no idea what is the problem and I'm asking for HELP PLEASE!!!

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:47 pm

Can you send me your _LOD_SharedStashSave.sss (or something like this) from save directory and the PlugY.log.

I will try to understand what is the problem.
DualPlayer

prj57

Post by prj57 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:54 am

Hi, the file you arr referring to is 0 bytes so I think the problem is in it.

I have not checked the PlugY version but yesterday I installed 5.04 and got the _LOD_SharedStashSave file or whatever it is from an old backup of Raynor's Save directory..... the game started in singleplayer but I had to say goodbye to 3 of my heros, I managed to save my lvl 94 Barbarian and thats all I wanted at least.....haven't tried multiplayer yet but I hope the problem is gone

If any other problems arise I will post them...

Thx for the feedback

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:57 pm

Ah yes, it's an error of v5.04.
For the v5.05, I have completly redone the saving procedure in Multiplayer.
Now, I still have some problem in the loading procedure, I will fix that as soon as possible.
Anyway, all people should be careful when using multistash in MP for now.
DualPlayer

Raynor

Post by Raynor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi all,
well all I can say is: Thank you very much... I didn't know why I keep my save directories on a separate place, but now I know. At least I saved my Guardian and prj57 saved his Overlord. I don't care about the rest of my characters, my Guardian is the most important one, as it is for prj57. Anyway, thanks Yohann...

Return to “Chaos Empire”