help with setup please

Information and updates for the Chaos Empire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
QW_Shadow
Paladin

help with setup please

Post by QW_Shadow » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:38 pm

ok this game just wont work on my comp... i tried everything.. direct txt, copying the mpq file... i dont know what to do to get it to work, the furthest i got was to the loading screen, then i get an error... so im downloading it 713a fresh, and hoping if someone here can tell me how to set this mod up! :) thanks.

Storslayaren

Re: help with setup please

Post by Storslayaren » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:39 pm

the copy of CE 7.13a from fileplanet seem to be corrupt so use the alternative link.

if your are extracting the modfiles into your D2 root folder, make sure you have the original v1.10 files (if you had any other mod laying in your root folder)

or make a folder, e.g. 'Chaos Empire', and extract the modfiles into it then make a copy of game.exe and change the target to your CE-mod folder.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:09 pm

yea, thats the -direct -txt thing i was talking about. that doesnt seem to work... i did get it from file planet... so whats the alternative link?

Storslayaren

Post by Storslayaren » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:40 pm

i don't understand why you are using -direct -txt mode, since the mod is packed in a mpq file (and some dlls)

anyway the alternative link was from Clan team.ask, click here
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

ChaosEnergy
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by ChaosEnergy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:52 pm

Hi
I already upped the working exe to fileplanet...and it works fine
So if doubleclicking on th rar exe works, its all ok

You must have a mod free LOD 1.10
and only give the path to your d2 root flder during rar exe extracting

this will "save" your original files, and "install" the mod files

you must have closed d2 before installing...or the files cant be renamed

alternative you extract to a clean folder, look into your d2, and save yourself all "identical" files
and then move the files from the extracted folder into d2 folder
Chaos
Chaos Empire Net
chaosenergy(a)chaosempire.net
Chaos Empire ® is a registered Trademark of Hans-Jürgen Ohler
Copyright by Hans-Jürgen Ohler (aka ChaosEnergy)2003 - 2015

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:00 pm

you can do the -direct -txt with mostly all mods, which is why i did it with this one. but that didnt work, so i backed my old files and put them in a folder, then put the mod files in my d2 folder, and it still doesnt work... i still get an error as i launch it.

Storslayaren

Post by Storslayaren » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:23 pm

I did only get an error while launching the mod, but that was when i tried version 7.12. Are you sure that the rest of the dlls that is not used by mod are plain 1.10 dlls? do you copy all the PlugY files into the D2 folder too?

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:51 pm

i dont know about the plugy...ill try it, so would this work? i reinstall EVERYTHING so i have a fresh modless d2 folder. now i install the chaos empire mod, 713a, in my d2 folder. then i take all my 'real' diablo 2 files and put them in a different folder, then put the chaos empire files in the d2 folder, then run diablo 2 lod. am i missing something?

Storslayaren

Post by Storslayaren » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:07 am

no that should work, just remember to put the plugy-files in the d2 folder as well. the plugy files enables the "unlimited" stash possibility and im pretty sure the mod won't work correctly without them
Last edited by Storslayaren on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

QW_Shadow
Paladin

Post by QW_Shadow » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:20 am

alright, its working now, i just copyied all my real d2 files, and put all the files from the mod in my d2 folder, i guess i was missing something last time :roll: but hey, thanks for your help.

Storslayaren

Post by Storslayaren » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:28 am

no problem at all, good luck and hope you have a good time playing it. :mrgreen:

it was just a bit confusing 'cause you'd seem to done everything right and still it didn't work. :scratchhead:
well problem solved :thumb:
Last edited by Storslayaren on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chaos Empire”