'Diablo II' Starts Crashing When Launching

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
DestinGrimes

'Diablo II' Starts Crashing When Launching

Post by DestinGrimes » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:22 am

Hi, I am a new member on this forum and I need some help that I am not able to solve it after a lot of effort. Actually yesterday I have installed 'Diablo II' on Windows PC, and after completing the installation process when I tried to launch the game, it starts crashing.

The first time when I tried to launch the game, there was opening some program in background, then I closed all the background program and again tried to launch the game, but still the problem was happening. I cant understand how can I solve this. Does anyone have any knowledge solving the issue? Thanks in advance.

bugmenot
Vietnam

Re: 'Diablo II' Starts Crashing When Launching

Post by bugmenot » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:43 am

Download and extract https://github.com/bolrog/d2dx/releases by Bolrog to your C-D or whatever :\Diablo II Lord of Destruction folder and that it.

Features
Turns the game into a well behaved DirectX 11 title on Windows 10 (also 7, 8 and 8.1).
High quality scaling to fit modern screen sizes, including widescreen aspect ratios.
High FPS mod using motion prediction, bypassing the internal 25 fps limit. Play at 60 fps and higher!
glide3x.dll
d2dx-defaults.cfg --- If you don't like the default settings, you can edit this file, rename it to "d2dx.cfg" and place it in the game folder.
Last edited by bugmenot on Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DestinGrimes

Post by DestinGrimes » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:06 am

bugmenot wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:43 am
d2dx.zip
This page does not found showing.

DestinGrimes

Post by DestinGrimes » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:17 am

Anyway after posting the thread here, I started searching online and came across this guide. I followed some useful solutions from there. First I repaired the game file and updated the graphics driver. However, I don't think it's the cause of the problem. Actually there was installed Kaspersky on my PC and after getting the article, I disabled this. Strange! there was no issue when I was launching the game after disabling the antivirus.

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”