How to increase the numbers of druid's pets?

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
namduong16
Vietnam

How to increase the numbers of druid's pets?

Post by namduong16 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:44 am

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make a large number of wolves, i changed the number in column "pet max", firsly it worked when i play in "-direct -txt" mode, but when i packed file skill.txt and skill.bin into patch_D2.mpq, it failed, i didn't understand it, could any one help me!!!
Btw, is there anyway to make the pets have their own auras eventhough we don't have any item which have auras!
Thanks a lot!!!

Eiffuw2
New Caledonia

Re: How to increase the numbers of druid's pets?

Post by Eiffuw2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:12 am

Hello :3

If you had it working before you packed it, I would suggest doing an a-typical debug test and go back to the last time/instance it worked and re-do it, this time being taking more care in what you are doing.
You said it was working before you packed it so start there, it sounds to me (and from what infomation you have provided) that you have mis-done something during or after packing the file into the mpq, from my own failures I would ask if you packed the .bin file into the mpq pack :3 ...

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Wuffie

p.s. for "Pet Aura's" try looking for that <-- or look for skelly auras and apply that to druid pets and see if it works, some of the pets and pet AI work with it and some do not... but you should open a proper help req for it after you have search it up yourself :3
My Mod: Barbie In Hell - Off The Leash (* working title *)

Code: Select all

Ver:  BETA 5 Public
Readme:          https://mega.nz/#!XPAUGIIR!XT3HtenuaaC4omUnEVHo3-Nf0VIJ49zH1kAj9Ood_Dk
5MB Zip Update:  https://mega.nz/#!WT43xIKT!nRD6U5VcZnFMqTOQG1VrTIa4PTTOgBpGvreJW8uVsAo
355MB Zip Full:  *coming soon*

namduong16
Vietnam

Post by namduong16 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:21 pm

:roll: i always pack .txt files and .bin file into mpq together, as you said, i have done it again for 3 times but it still failed :cry: someone know why??? :((

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Did you forgot to run the game without -direct when testing with the mpq ?
Obvious, but sometimes we want test fast and forget such things ^^
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

namduong16
Vietnam

Post by namduong16 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:43 am

Yeah yeah! I though there's no need -direct after pack mpq file. You are right, i added -direct so it works. But there's new problem! I can't hold anything in my inventory. I used mega inventory kit, it works normally without -direct but fails in -direct mode. I tried to reinstall and i found that the problem is file inventory.txt in mega inventory kit. Do you know how to fix it?? :cry:

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:13 am

I used 'D2Inventory' to fix the inventory in my mod, extremely usefull tool !
viewtopic.php?t=56721
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”