1.11 Announced

Check here for any important information about the Phrozen Keep and these forums. Only staff members may start a new topic but anyone may post their thoughts and responses.
Kardon
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

1.11 Announced

Post by Kardon » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:07 pm

Great evil has returned to the world of Diablo 2. Will you answer the call to save Sanctuary?

Patch 1.11 is coming....

Battle.Net for more details
Last edited by Kardon on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:57 am

WOOOW!!! MAAAAN!
It sound absolutely unreal!
I hope they will add some stuff for modmakers :mrgreen:
This damn CE... :)
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:56 am

Hey, a succubus boss named 'Lilith'. :) Funny, when I did the superuniques for Median_1 and Median_2 I thought of this as well and scrapped it because it was silly and didn't fit in the D2 world.
Last edited by Brother Laz on Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:16 am

Is this a joke??? A new patch??? And just when I learned how to do skills, just wondering how much things will change
WAR!!!!!!!....... don't worry.. I'm working on it
http://iloveshaders.blogspot.com/

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:29 am

And just when I learned how to do skills, just wondering how much things will change
Don't worry about that, they'll make it even easier than today. In 1.11, skills will be coded in natural language. :)

'buff that makes random thunder sounds and every once in a great while drops a white thing on a random lightning immune enemy'
Median XL released!

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:34 am

Brother Laz";p="235957" wrote: 'buff that makes random thunder sounds and every once in a great while drops a white thing on a random lightning immune enemy'
This is a great skill indeed, and very Blizzard style, how did you know??

Paul Siramy
Retired staff
Principality
France

Hand-picked

Re: 1.11 Announced

Post by Paul Siramy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:59 am

He's joking

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:57 am

If you only do text editing, this will probably mean little amount of work from your side to convert from 1.10 to 1.11.

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:05 am

Do you think, that Blizzard's programmists think about modding community when working on new patch?
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:41 pm

Do you think, that Blizzard's programmists think about modding community when working on new patch?
Yes, they do and that of two reasons, one the most important reason. It will make any new patch easier for themself to make and as second it help out their customers who like to do their own modifications.

If Blizzard didn't care, they wouldn't release the .txt files in the way they do.

SilverShadowHell
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SilverShadowHell » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:31 pm

@sPoT: They care because a lot of players would have not buyed theyr game unless of these cool mods

@kingpin: why will it be easyer??, will offsets change so code editors will have extra work??

@Paul Siramy: I know... I am too

@Brother Laz: I think Blizzard will try to make players use a lot more skills, like paladins on 1.10 use only Blessed Hammer the rest beying decorations so to make sure that everyone will use other skills too they will add synergies to Blessed Hammer from all combat skills (yes I have read youre 1.10 read-me), after this you will have to waste 260 out of 110 skill points to get max dmg

LimpRock
Champion of the Light

Post by LimpRock » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:49 pm

I don't think anyone have buyed the game because of the mods, but because of them peoples are still playing.
"God was created by human hearts that fear the darkness. God was born from darkness."

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:55 pm

@kingpin: why will it be easyer??, will offsets change so code editors will have extra work??
It new compiled version of a DLL will have different code adress. So, it will mean all our code finds for 1.10 will be needed to have refound in 1.11. This, means for some of the mods that are in current developement a lot of extra work.

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:52 pm

:P Well, well, well . . . I don't mean to be smug, but I'm sure glad I didn't start doing any 1.10 modding. I guess Zy-El in 1.09 will still be around until 1.11 comes out - that is, the final 1.11 patch.

:arrow: Do you remember the phased rollout of 1.10a, 1.10b, 1.10c, . . . etc? How long did it take before they finally locked it down to 1.10 Final? I guess it depends on how major a release 1.11 patch is going to be. Will it even use the same char file structure as 1.10?

:roll: I figure I can keep Zy-El going for another year. Relax! :cool: Why bother learning 1.10 when 1.11 is coming? I can wait. :mrgreen:
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:58 am

With that logic, Kato, why bother to move from v1.09 at all since there's always a possiblity that many new patches will come out after v1.11? ;) It's probably best if you stick to v1.09 forever "just in case". :twisted:

On a more serious note, I'm actually wondering if there is any code editing at all for v1.11, or if it just has new additions to the existing spreadsheets (new unique items, runewords, set items, a new superunique monster, and some skill tweaks). The only thing that has been revealed officially so far that might have involved new code is the issue of Lilith's spawning. Is it a semi-random occurance in Hell difficulty like some have speculated? Is it a new area and quest in Act 4? Is it a new location that is opened up by Tyrael in the Worldstone Chamber after killing Baal (replaces the "DESTRUCTION'S END" portal)? Or could it be a feature of a brand new difficulty setting? There's so many possiblities, each having varying consequences to existing mod code edits. :-|

It will be interesting to see what the code gurus of PK have to say about how much the DLL code offsets have or have not changed with v1.11 once it is released (and possibly how much may have been rendered obsolete :o ).
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

Ancient_Hacker
Paladin

Post by Ancient_Hacker » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:14 am

ALL HAIL BLIZZARD!

They are the gods of making customers go OMFG WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!

Yay!

taarna23
Retired staff
Paladin
Canada

Post by taarna23 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:42 am

Actually, LimpRock, you'd be quite surprised. I had two friends willing to buy Diablo 2 in order to play my mod, which unfortunately got scrapped due to irritating people. =\
Last edited by taarna23 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
To defend: this is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught--
then the Pact is.. to Avenge.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:36 am

Well, well, well . . . I don't mean to be smug, but I'm sure glad I didn't start doing any 1.10 modding. I guess Zy-El in 1.09 will still be around until 1.11 comes out - that is, the final 1.11 patch.
Well,

It depend how you look at it :)

Modding should all be about fun. If you don't like 1.10/1.11 and still love to work on 1.09 thats all great.

But, with not using the latest technology you are always restricted to what you have. And if you decide to ever start work on 1.11 you would have to start all over and relearn. Those who have been modded in 1.11 doesn't need to do this stepp, only learn what's new in 1.11.

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:26 am

me I hope they will release it soon :)
even if I must do some extra works for convert all my work for this patch !

I just hope, all new thing will be in singleplayer too.
No more stuff like the World Event only on realm...
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:19 pm

The world event in single player! All you need to do is sell 200 SoJs and the DC will pop out. :mrgreen:

...'500 Zods sold to vendors. Lilith walks the earth'. :)
Median XL released!

SVR
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by SVR » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:52 pm

The first thing I'm going to look for is a new file called Quests.txt :P

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:53 pm

Sound like joke of bad quality. I don't play on battle.net since patch 1.09d, and I'm not expert in runes' drops, but Zod seem to be item with really damn small chance to be dropped in game. It's many many many percent easier to find and (the hardest action - because of our conscience :)) sell SoJ than Zod rune.

Ahh, don't know if current battle.net is after next dupe wave - of Zod runes :mrgreen:

Yohann
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Yohann » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:02 pm

sPoT sure it was a joke ;)

The first thing I'm going to look for is a new file called Quests.txt :P
héhé ;)
It should be too good !
Don't dream, SVR :-|
PlugY v10.00 : Download - Forum
Fix TXT Opened Files With MS Excel : v1.11 - v1.10
DualPlayer
: v1.11 - v1.10 - v1.09

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:40 pm

SVR";p="236096" wrote:The first thing I'm going to look for is a new file called Quests.txt :P
I'm personally hoping for a charseq.txt. :mrgreen: But then again, the act of softcoding one txt file would delay the release of the patch by 6 months, so know what you are asking for. ;)
Median XL released!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:48 pm

I'm personally hoping for a charseq.txt. icon_mrgreen.gif But then again, the act of softcoding one txt file would delay the release of the patch by 6 months, so know what you are asking for
Not, really.

They have the source code, we don't. For us it would take pretty long time to do. IF you had the code, a single file wouldn't take to long time.

But, quests.txt would be a major work and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did this. Since, this would be a major feature for their ladder seasons and in that way they could add special quest for ladder only and change those each ladder season.

Return to “Staff Announcements”