The Phrozen Keep rejoins Planet Diablo

Check here for any important information about the Phrozen Keep and these forums. Only staff members may start a new topic but anyone may post their thoughts and responses.
Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

The Phrozen Keep rejoins Planet Diablo

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:06 am

No, we haven’t lost our minds. We are going once again with a new host. We are ever-thankful to DaMidget and his web hosting space The Grotto for hauling our butts out of the fire when Xfernet crashed and burned so suddenly and unexpectedly. Make no mistake about that.

However, the server simply cannot handle the volume of traffic and downloads we have around here, so we are returning to PlanetDiablo for our file downloading needs and as the portal to our main site.

Yes, yes…we know. We have griped about FilePlanet for a long time. But, wait times and such are far preferable to downloads that are too slow. And the FilePlanet servers don’t tend to suffer much downtime, either. Frankly, Xfernet was a great situation while it lasted and was fast and reliable up until the point Raziel stopped paying his bills. GameSpy is huge, though, and so FilePlanet, for all its limitations, is at least a stable place to have our stuff.

We do apologize to everyone (hosted sites, members and visitors) for any confusion and chaos this brings in the short run, but we know you want speed and reliability in the long run. To hosted sites specifically, we say this: For those of you who already have uploaded your files and sites…we would be happy to upload them for you at the soon-to-be-ready spaces at PlanetDiablo for you if you just cannot stomach it and don’t mind sharing your login and password info with us, your admins.

We hate to have you switch again so soon after we moved…but our move to The Grotto took place under emergency circumstances, and we needed to get up and running quickly after Xfernet’s demise. We had no idea how our traffic would impact DaMidget’s Grotto server…and it is clear that we are too much for his system right now.

We are hoping to work with DaMidget, though, and are conferring with him on ways that the Keep can remain affiliated with him on some level. Stay tuned for more on that. And to DaMidget, we can only say, once again…publicly…thank you for providing us with a home, however temporary, during the horrible days following the Xfernet turmoil.

Sincerely,
- The Admins of Phrozen Keep
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: The Phrozen Keep rejoins Planet Diablo

Post by jbouley » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 pm

A quick note...when I tried to get onto the site at its new location, the screen wouldn't load.

Turned out to be because of the cookie control on my Firewall. I turned it off while visiting Planet Diablo, and all worked fine.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone tries to go the main site and the page won't load.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Staff Announcements”