Interview - (2002-10-05) Sir_General

Interview - (2002-10-05) Sir_General

Description: Deathscythe of the Phrozen Keep interviews Sir_General on his Rune Mod and mod making in general.

Categories: Interviews

DEATHSCYTHE
Can you please tell us something about your self and how you come up with your unique nick?
SIR_GENERAL
I don't really remember how I came up with my name except that it was during the first Diablo II. I do remember how I got the underscore ( _ ), though. Many games at that time didn't allow you to use spaces in your name. The best substitute was an underscore.
DEATHSCYTHE
What do you do in real life?
SIR_GENERAL
I'm a college student. You know, mod by day and party by night.
DEATHSCYTHE
And before modding the diablo 2, do you have any games you modified before modding diablo?
SIR_GENERAL
Well, the first thing I ever started modding was Sid Meier's Civilization II. I made a few things with that. After that, I did some light modding for Tribes. My first real serious mod was for Diablo II.
DEATHSCYTHE
When did you start making mods?
SIR_GENERAL
Well, I think my first mod was when I was around 13 years old, but I didn't start modding D2 until I was 18.
DEATHSCYTHE
How long do you already mod?
SIR_GENERAL
Since I'm all of 19 now, that makes it 6 years that I've been modding and about 1 year I've been modding D2.
DEATHSCYTHE
What part or feature in your mod you are proud of?
SIR_GENERAL
I'm going to have to pick a feature from my next version and say the kill counter.
DEATHSCYTHE
How many weeks or months you make you first mod?
SIR_GENERAL
The first version of my rune mod took about two weeks to make.
DEATHSCYTHE
Do you play also another mods?
SIR_GENERAL
I try to when I get the chance.
DEATHSCYTHE
What is your favorite?
SIR_GENERAL
Probably the Baldur's Gate mod.
DEATHSCYTHE
What lines up in the future? Can you tell us what's were looking forward to?
SIR_GENERAL
Well, at the moment you can see a lot of this in my forum at the Next Version topic. The big highlights of my mod's next version is the kill counter, new magical attributes, a new interface, etc.
DEATHSCYTHE
Do you have any plans in making another mods or betas in the future?
SIR_GENERAL
Yes I do. I already have a few ideas I'm considering to improve my mod or perhaps to use in an entirely new mod.
DEATHSCYTHE
Do you have plans modifying the next blizzard patch?
SIR_GENERAL
Oh yes. I can't wait until it comes out.
DEATHSCYTHE
Is there any advice you'd give to anyone who's just starting out making mods or considering making a mod for D2?
SIR_GENERAL
Crashing Diablo II isn't all that bad. At least Diablo II is detecting the changes you made to your mod in order to crash.
DEATHSCYTHE
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer our little interview :-)
SIR_GENERAL
You're very welcome.

Anyone wishing to check out the Rune Mod can do so by visiting the official website at http://sg.d2mods.com.

Link to this article: Select all

[url=https://www.d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=87&sid=e3b3d261035a63dcdec68c0e9173d5df]Knowledge Base - Interview - (2002-10-05) Sir_General[/url]