Interview - (2002-02-05) Teknokyo

Interview - (2002-02-05) Teknokyo

Description: Deathscythe of the Phrozen Keep interviews Teknokyo on his Ancestral Recall mod and mod making in general.

Categories: Interviews

DEATHSCYTHE
Can you tell us a little about yourself?
TEKNOKYO
Hmmm ... just an average kinda guy who plays PC games like 24/7 ...
DEATHSCYTHE
Can you tell me about your family?
TEKNOKYO
A real Happy Family...till my wife nags me for playing too much PC games ... :)
DEATHSCYTHE
Where did you come up with the name TeknoKyo?
TEKNOKYO
Tekno was a nick I used on IRC ... the Kyo is from KOF.
DEATHSCYTHE
Before you have the Ancestral Recall Mod you have the Natalya x10...Can you give something about that mod?
TEKNOKYO
Natalya 10x was started after about 1 hour I got LOD ... wanted something that plays like my D2 TeknoKyo mod which was 10x ... due to realms play and spoilt by my own mod ... didn't feel like goin back to single play and taking too much time to lvl up.
DEATHSCYTHE
You're famous in the scene for your Teknokyo Mod which is located on your web site. How did that mod get started?
TEKNOKYO
Actually did TeknoKyo mod as a test of what I can do with what I knew at that time ... did some new things and monsters that makes D2 more fun and fresh ...guess that why ppl liked it. Most mods at that time(and also now) requires starting new characters ... I wanted something that I can use my existing characters so decided to do it myself ... so that's where I set some rules on making mods ... ie ... able to use existing D2/LOD chars, global playability where anybody with either US or localised version can play.

Actually I think most people and D2 sites know or associate me with the Advantage Mod which was made for realms play on the 1st few day I played on realms. Got fed-up with the lag and decided to make life easier for myself and others ... on 1st day release ... got more than 1000+ downloads ...lots of ppl loved it and lots hated it cus it's like a cheat ... but it's kinda wierd that lots of people knows me when I'm on realms playing at that time with my TeknoKyo character.

DEATHSCYTHE
The Ancestral Recall is so successful that it have been in top 50 most downloaded file in planetdiablo that stayed for about 5 months now... What do you think what the AR have that is so successful?
TEKNOKYO
It's made the way I wanna play ... guess most ppl who plays Diablo like what I like. And most probably the most important thing is I think is that almost every idea/gameplay in AR is fresh and new. Guess most of the widely played mods are those that never re-use or copy from other mods. 1 of the things I myself really like is making the Sorceress into a power-kicking melee char with the ability to use ranged spells based... something that was never done on D2/LOD/Mods which provided a new way to play a char on D2/LOD. But my favourite skills is still Psychic Hammer on AR-SE which has cool gfx effect(like Sagat on SF) on top of a new way to play the Assassin.
DEATHSCYTHE
What Bugs do you encounter in AR?
TEKNOKYO
Bugs in AR are usually out of control things like cube recipes, skill max which are controlled by Blizzard hard codes. The only way I can think of to solve it with the player themself backing up their characters before using some of the socketing recipes.
DEATHSCYTHE
How many months you've make the AR?
TEKNOKYO
Not sure ... since LOD was out around June I think. Don't think I'll stop working on D2-LOD mods yet ... still a lot of things I wanna do.
DEATHSCYTHE
You've just release the Extended Play DOTD (Descendants of the Dragon) ... and its a big hit again..What are the features in DOTD?
TEKNOKYO
Mostly new monsters + new monster skills/attacks that was never seen before on previous mods. It's made for people who likes real challenge and skills and as an incentive for ppl who has completed AR-Hell.
DEATHSCYTHE
I guess DOTD is not finish yet.. when does this be finish?
TEKNOKYO
Don't think it'll ever get done till Blizzard releases Diablo III ... this'll be an ongoing project in addition to AR... still lots can be done on them to provide more gameplay.
DEATHSCYTHE
I guess youre working with other moderator for another Big Mod....Its
all about D&D.. How its goin?
TEKNOKYO
Think everyone is pretty bz now with real life ... including me ... :(
DEATHSCYTHE
Thanks for your precious time.. thankz
TEKNOKYO
Thanks.

Anyone wishing to check out Teknokyo's mods can do so by visiting his official website at http://www.planetdiablo.com/teknokyo/.

Link to this article: Select all

[url=https://www.d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=78&sid=07862187c2eca3d9f103e285845d1db2]Knowledge Base - Interview - (2002-02-05) Teknokyo[/url]